Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gilding Materials Suppliers or Art & Craft Shops

Gilding Materials Suppliers or Art & Craft Shops

Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

BigD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gilding Materials Suppliers or Art & Craft Shops

Does any one know where I can buy Gilding Materials in Spain, I have tried Googling it but no joy, I need Gilding Oil, but can't get it from the UK because of the liquid restriction, I realize trhis is a long shot but you jusat never know .
Old Nov 25th 2010, 9:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gilding Materials Suppliers or Art & Craft Shops

Originally Posted by BigD
Does any one know where I can buy Gilding Materials in Spain, I have tried Googling it but no joy, I need Gilding Oil, but can't get it from the UK because of the liquid restriction, I realize trhis is a long shot but you jusat never know .
Do you know of a craft shop opposite SOL Bank? Any luck there?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

You might get it on line at Jacksons art in the UK, we have had gilding supplies sent to us here with no problem.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Try finding someone who is going back to the UK - purchase the oil and have it posted to their UK address, and then they can bring it back for you. You would then cover their postage costs for posting on to you on their return to Spain.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 7:20 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Try finding someone who is going back to the UK - purchase the oil and have it posted to their UK address, and then they can bring it back for you. You would then cover their postage costs for posting on to you on their return to Spain.
It's a oil. If they are flying with hand baggage they wont be able to carry it

To the OP. If there is a U3A near you they will be able to advise. I have sent an email to one of the artists at U3A here, asking or you