Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gibraltar Frontier

Gibraltar Frontier

Old Aug 27th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all
Default Re: Gibraltar Frontier

aaahhh,Senior Service,how well I remember you. I think I was about eleven when I first tasted one, my mother used to give me six pence for the pictures on a saturday. It was four pence to get in,two pence for a single senior service,and hopefully one of the other rogues' would have a match.
Never did me any harm and no damned warnings on the side about how it will kill you.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michaleen oge
aaahhh,Senior Service,how well I remember you. I think I was about eleven when I first tasted one, my mother used to give me six pence for the pictures on a saturday. It was four pence to get in,two pence for a single senior service,and hopefully one of the other rogues' would have a match.
Never did me any harm and no damned warnings on the side about how it will kill you.
Maybe you are one of the lucky ones, although there maybe still time.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
you sound sorry I haven't contacted cancer,perhaps not the image you want to convey??Nowadays EVERYTHING is bad for you...butter,salt,drink,cigarettes,surfeit of e-numbers,surplus of e-numbers,fatty products,too much exercise,not enough exercise...the list is endless. My own outlook in life is eat what you want,drink what you want,smoke if you want and NEVER,EVER take any notice of what the bean eaters say. Stood me in good stead these 66 years.
But as you say,perhaps it is coming. Well I won't lose any sleep over worrying about something that may,or may not,happen.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

you sound sorry I haven't contacted cancer,perhaps not the image you want to convey??Nowadays EVERYTHING is bad for you...butter,salt,drink,cigarettes,surfeit of e-numbers,surplus of e-numbers,fatty products,too much exercise,not enough exercise...the list is endless. My own outlook in life is eat what you want,drink what you want,smoke if you want and NEVER,EVER take any notice of what the bean eaters say. Stood me in good stead these 66 years.
But as you say,perhaps it is coming. Well I won't lose any sleep over worrying about something that may,or may not,happen.
I am not sorry cos you haven`t got it, but I have lost a few family members and friends that have died because of connection to smoking.
What I don`t like is people that smoke and brag about it not doing them any harm.
Take a trip to the local Cancer hospital, then maybe you will have a change of heart.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:28 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
The above is offensive & totally uncalled for, you owe the member an apology IMO.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't go out with girls - might catch something
Shouldn't smoke or drink - might catch something
Shouldn't travel - might get into trouble
Shouldn't drive - might have an accident
Shouldn't eat - might get poisoned
Shouldn't have any fun - that's the answer!
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

you left one out,lennox.....shouldn't breathe because of the quality of the air...
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:41 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that to really enjoy life, you need to do some things that others frown upon, even if it's only laughing out loud once in a while. The list of things that are bad for you grows daily, and is changed around daily too.

Looking around me, it seems that happy people live longer than the miserable types, whatever they may smoke, drink or eat. And even if they don't live longer, at least they've led happy lives.

I don't suppose I'll get the telegram, she doesn't even know where I live. (And they're not sent to Spain, are they?)
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG
It seems to me that to really enjoy life, you need to do some things that others frown upon, even if it's only laughing out loud once in a while. The list of things that are bad for you grows daily, and is changed around daily too.

Looking around me, it seems that happy people live longer than the miserable types, whatever they may smoke, drink or eat. And even if they don't live longer, at least they've led happy lives.

I don't suppose I'll get the telegram, she doesn't even know where I live. (And they're not sent to Spain, are they?)
aah,the telegram...when serving on HMS Lincoln patrolling the Singapore Straits during the troubles with Indonesia in the very early 60's,our captain came down to our mess,asking for me,with a card in his hand. It was a christmas card from the Queen(her secretary,but same thing!!). I had sent the Queen a christmas card with the Lincoln logo on during a mad moment. The skipper was well pleased until I asked if my card from Khrushchev or the Pope had arrived yet. Never could learn to keep quiet when ahead.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:59 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I do think smoking isn't good for you. People who don't smoke also get ill and die from other things. My cousin's Husband never smoked and drank little, he is 65 has a perfect set of teeth, not even one filling. He is super fit. Unfortunately he is in a home for alzheimers sufferers and had been losing it for about 4 years, now he doesn't know anyone. They say that being a stone overweight is as harmful as smoking 10 ciggies per day. When your allocated time is up that's it....most people start getting ill and dying in their 70's, smokers and non-smokers
Old Aug 30th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I was really refering to the Royal Navy being known as the Senior Service,
I put the images up as double entondra
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Shall we move back on track ????

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=19928
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

There's a (naturally) indignant piece in El Mundo which says that the Gibraltarians intend to boycott La Linea businesses with the call for: 'not a penny for La Linea'.
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2010/09/02/andalucia/1283409292.html.
Heh heh.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

7/9/2010

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=19942

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=19939
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:36 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for keeping us up to date with this...interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.