Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Getting additional keys cut for M2 town house

Getting additional keys cut for M2 town house

Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

reg.horne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting additional keys cut for M2 town house

Does anyone know of a locksmith local to Ayamonte able to cut an additional set of keys from the master set? Fadesa are unable to trace a set given to them a few months ago. Thanks
R 'n B
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:42 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting additional keys cut for M2 town house

Originally Posted by reg.horne
Does anyone know of a locksmith local to Ayamonte able to cut an additional set of keys from the master set? Fadesa are unable to trace a set given to them a few months ago. Thanks
R 'n B
Ferreteria Duque in Ayamonte has proven to give good service, also for remotes.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

It is only my opinion, but I would be more inclined to replace all the locks than just replace a set of "missing" keys!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by valenciatim
It is only my opinion, but I would be more inclined to replace all the locks than just replace a set of "missing" keys!
I am inclined to agree with you Tim
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

You may get the new lock and keys for a similar price to just the new keys. :-))
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:06 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

R 'n B
Hi Reg

How ya doin' ?

When Fadese had corrected the (very few & minor I have to say) faults on our place we had the keys back but for our peace of mind we did have new locks put in and new keys. Didn't like the thought of some sub-contractor or who-ever taking copies of the keys and having access when they felt like it.

All the best to you both.

Mel
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mel,

Yes, I am great. Hope you are all well. Barbara is out there next week and said you may be there too.

Actually, it was Barbara lurking - too "shy" to post under her own ID maybe . She is getting ready for a rush of friends & family visiting; hence the need for more sets of keys. We got the spare keys back from Fadesa ages ago but I stupidly gave it to Vanessa
just before the office closed (rear bedroom roof may be leaking again )and it has disappeared.

Thanks all for the input regarding keys. I did consider changing the locks some time ago so will do that now. A 2 minute job and I have seen the locks at Leroy Merlin and elsewhere.

Reg
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel,

Yes, I am great. Hope you are all well. Barbara is out there next week and said you may be there too.

Actually, it was Barbara lurking - too "shy" to post under her own ID maybe . She is getting ready for a rush of friends & family visiting; hence the need for more sets of keys. We got the spare keys back from Fadesa ages ago but I stupidly gave it to Vanessa
just before the office closed (rear bedroom roof may be leaking again )and it has disappeared.

Thanks all for the input regarding keys. I did consider changing the locks some time ago so will do that now. A 2 minute job and I have seen the locks at Leroy Merlin and elsewhere.

Reg
There are 2 hardware shops( 1 large shop and 1 small) opposite the Bus Station in Ayamonte. I took the lock for my apartment down there and got a new lock and 5 keys for about 15e.

You may find you need to take the lock as I heard that the locks can vary in length
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Paul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant futurePaul_C has a brilliant future

Locks have a variety of different levels of security. We have a front door lock where the keys cannot be copied from the original key but require the locksmith to enter a code onto their machine, which you receive when you buy the lock.

We used a Cerrajeria in Lepe (follow main road around Lepe and turn right towards Islantilla & La Antilla, and he's about 3-400 mtrs up on right).

I assume they are available in Ayamonte but don't know where.

Paul
Old Jun 27th 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Just a quick tip I picked up from the original forum a few years ago.

If you are worried that about original keys being in strangers hands who know your house/apartment number, rather than buying a new lock and keys, swap the lock barrels and keys with those from a friends place. We did this, it is only a two minute job to take out, and replace the lock barrel, and it saves you the expense of replacement.

The one we exchanged with was of a slightly differnet depth, but it still fitted perfectly well.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Paul,
We must have a similar set of keys for our front door; I just looked at the master set and there is a blue "TESA" dogtag with numbers engraved on the back. That will no doubt be the code.
One of the reasons I resisted changing the lock initially was the fact that the sets I saw (Leyroy Merlin?) had a much simpler key which presumably could be copied easily.

Good point regarding swapping locks

Reg