Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

general research in moving to spain

general research in moving to spain

Old Mar 12th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Keg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really nice
Default general research in moving to spain

Hi all, just began on looking to move to Spain very keen on areas such as Galicia, Astrurias, Cantaabria & Basque Country, is there anyone who can advise on property market and agents that can assist in buying in these areas. What the employment is like I am a occupational therapsit and my partner will look at any kind of work. We ideally would like to have a B&B of some descrition though not necessarily for sole income.
We both have very basic spanish unfortunatley not a good working knowledge of the language "will this be a real big issue or is it possible to manage a learn as you go along?"
Where is the best place to look for job vacancies have tried some searches but wondered if there was some i am missing.
Any information in helping us to decide if a move to spain is the right thing to do and if so how to go about it.
Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: general research in moving to spain

Originally Posted by Keg and Mash
Hi all, just began on looking to move to Spain very keen on areas such as Galicia, Astrurias, Cantaabria & Basque Country, is there anyone who can advise on property market and agents that can assist in buying in these areas. What the employment is like I am a occupational therapsit and my partner will look at any kind of work. We ideally would like to have a B&B of some descrition though not necessarily for sole income.
We both have very basic spanish unfortunatley not a good working knowledge of the language "will this be a real big issue or is it possible to manage a learn as you go along?"
Where is the best place to look for job vacancies have tried some searches but wondered if there was some i am missing.
Any information in helping us to decide if a move to spain is the right thing to do and if so how to go about it.
Thanks
Sooooo many questions, but if you read the previous threads on this forum you will find a wealth of info
Old Mar 13th 2006, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: general research in moving to spain

Originally Posted by jdr
Sooooo many questions, but if you read the previous threads on this forum you will find a wealth of info
*nod*

One question at a time and "Search" is your friend

You could "make do" with little Spanish to start when looking into inland Spain, so long as you have enough money to see you through 6 to 12 months whilst you improve your language skills and make a real effort to learn it whilst here. Overall, learning here would be quicker and better, but you need to be prepared ahead in your expectations.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Keg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really niceKeg and Mash is just really nice
Smile Re: general research in moving to spain

Thanks!

I know question after question isn't good but theres sooooooooooo many of them!!

We'll get reading!!
Old Mar 20th 2006, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: general research in moving to spain

Ok, sounds good sound advice. I'm about to enroll on a beginners spanish lesson and we're coming over in June to explore.

I've used the forum before but obviously not to its full potential - never thought about using the "search" option!!