Reload this Page >

Gas Safety Regulations

Gas Safety Regulations

Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Jeremy H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gas Safety Regulations

Good morning
Can anyone help me by confirming whether the installation of a gas boiler is controlled in Spain in the same way as with the UK's GasSafe certification. My reason for asking is that my villa in Benissa had a combi installed which was arranged by our letting agent and I received no paperwork confirming the correct commissioning of the appliance and the compliance certificate in the boiler manual has not been filled out. I would just like to be sure of the regs before I approach the agent and my search with Google has been unsuccessful.
Many thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Safety Regulations

All I can't help you with is what happened with me.
I mounted a gas boiler myself but contacted Repsol to acquire some gas bottles. I didn't make any pipe connections and on the boiler itself was just threads where you screw on the gas pipe. The boiler was in an attached outbuilding and fixed to an outside wall.
Eventually an engineer came who made the metal pipe connections and the flexible pipe connection to a regulator. Plus supplied a couple of bottles.
He checked everything then was working and it was mounted securely, complimented me that I actually had a metal chimney going out through the outside wall, then filled out a number of bits of paper and forms that to be honest I just then filed.
A few years later someone else called round and changed the flexible pipe and regulator to a newer one. He never asked to see anything other than my gas cooker and changed that pipe/regulator as well.

I understand every few years someone will come round and check again and probably supply me with and make me pay for new flexible pipes/regulators. I am aware the flexibles do have dates on them.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jeremy H
Good morning
Can anyone help me by confirming whether the installation of a gas boiler is controlled in Spain in the same way as with the UK's GasSafe certification. My reason for asking is that my villa in Benissa had a combi installed which was arranged by our letting agent and I received no paperwork confirming the correct commissioning of the appliance and the compliance certificate in the boiler manual has not been filled out. I would just like to be sure of the regs before I approach the agent and my search with Google has been unsuccessful.
Many thanks.
Yes, you need an authorized gas installer just as you do in the UK. If they are authorized and legitimate they should have left you the necessary paperwork.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I have a gas water heater connected to mains gas (ie not butano) it is inspected by authorised persons I think on a 3-year cycle. This certificate and regime also applies to rental properties. I think butano appliances also need checking to make sure the connectors are not leaking. Beware bogus gas men who call at your door unannounced and want cash - never pay cash!
Old Oct 1st 2018, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for help everyone, I’ll be chasing up the agent.
Old Oct 1st 2018, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that gas appliances need to be inspected every 5 years. Repsol attend to ours and issue a certificate, cost is about 50e. Please do not operate a gas appliance without it having been inspected first and certified as compliant.
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jonboy
I understand that gas appliances need to be inspected every 5 years. Repsol attend to ours and issue a certificate, cost is about 50e. Please do not operate a gas appliance without it having been inspected first and certified as compliant.
Thanks Jonboy,
Repsol deliver our gas bottles so I’ll get on to them to arrange an inspection as if the original installer didn’t complete the installation paperwork I doubt they’ll return to do the job properly!