Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PoA at spanish consulate in London

PoA at spanish consulate in London

Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

savannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond reputesavannah_boy has a reputation beyond repute
Question PoA at spanish consulate in London

Hi folks, has anyone had a spanish power of attorney authorised at the spanish consulate in London?
We are looking at getting the draft PoA from an abogado in Spain but authorised at the consulate.

If you've done this can you tell me what to expect in terms of time required, documents required (non residents) and anything out of the blue!

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 1st 2018, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PoA at spanish consulate in London

Originally Posted by savannah_boy
Hi folks, has anyone had a spanish power of attorney authorised at the spanish consulate in London?
We are looking at getting the draft PoA from an abogado in Spain but authorised at the consulate.

If you've done this can you tell me what to expect in terms of time required, documents required (non residents) and anything out of the blue!

Thanks in advance
yes I had two POA’s for one each of my sons prepared and authorised in the London Consulate about 15 yrs ago now but it was same day service after having booked online filled in all the forms and turned up at the appointed hour with the boys in tow. Used them many times since, they are very open POA’s but I think they trust me not to misuse them. Back in the day there were many stories of corrupt abogado’s misusing POA’s so the general advice was to have specific POA’s prepared for what you want to do and to cancel when you have done it. Again reports of General POA’s being used after the event to access bank accounts
Old Oct 2nd 2018, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PoA at spanish consulate in London

A couple of years ago a friend wanted this service.Found,at that time,you apply & there was a waiting time of several days.So she went to a local Notary where she lived,in Sussex.But of course there was a fee which I don't know if is payable at the London Spanish Consulate.She just wanted something in a hurry.Go onto the Consulate website & I think the details are all there.