gas man

Old May 17th 2011, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice
Default Re: gas man

Originally Posted by jackytoo
They will be back....don't let them through the gate/door. They are scammers, the gas companies don't cold call.
OK - and I'll spread the word among other expats in our area
Old May 17th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noelrosie
I know that there are various scammers (plenty of folks near us have fallen victim to them), but the lady in the Repsol office in Pego said we needed to contact Repsol in Madrid to do an inspection as it was nearly 5 years since installation. That wasn't convenient as we were only out in Spain for 3 weeks and they couldn't do it within that period - hence the use of a recognised sub-contractor. We also rent out our property, therefore have an obligation to our clients to ensure that we keep our inspection certificates up-to-date. Our understanding from the builders that fitted it, and from the Repsol office who deliver the cylinders is that it IS compulsory to have an inspection every 5 years, whether Repsol have 'caught up with you' or not.
Two months ago we visited the local Repsol office and booked a visit, we were given the name of the technician and date and time of visit. When he arrived he done his checks, made sure the ventilation was adequate, changed the rubber hose and issued a 5 year certificate. The bill was approx 60 euros.
All in all a painless procedure and ensures our insurance policy won't default for the sake of a gas check.

Best regards jonboy
Old May 17th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jonboy
Two months ago we visited the local Repsol office and booked a visit, we were given the name of the technician and date and time of visit. When he arrived he done his checks, made sure the ventilation was adequate, changed the rubber hose and issued a 5 year certificate. The bill was approx 60 euros.
All in all a painless procedure and ensures our insurance policy won't default for the sake of a gas check.

Best regards jonboy
We don't need ours done for another 4 years now and have had no problem with our gas deliveries this winter (except of course for paying the inflated price lol)
Old Nov 17th 2011, 2:49 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suedenia
we ve had a gas man at our gate today from servicio tecnico oficial butano - propano. does anyone know if he is an official gas man - or if its a scam?
Same came to my door not 1/2 an hour ago, I said we don't have gas here.

Went to see my neighbor and they said no way let them in, they will take your money.

I had mine done through Repsol after booking it myself in the local office.