GAS BOTTLES

Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:40 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GAS BOTTLES

All you need to do is to fit the rubber hose you get with the reg to the supply of the bottle (using a jubilee clip) and click the reg onto the bottle.

If you are worried about your connection, mix a little washing up liquid with water and apply it to the joint. If there's a leak it will blow bubbles.

It really isn't brain surgery.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
All you need to do is to fit the rubber hose you get with the reg to the supply of the bottle (using a jubilee clip) and click the reg onto the bottle.

If you are worried about your connection, mix a little washing up liquid with water and apply it to the joint. If there's a leak it will blow bubbles.

It really isn't brain surgery.
Don`t let the man from CORGI know you are using that. lol
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:02 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

From speaking to many Spanish about this, it would seem that Propane burns a lot hotter than Butane and so costs a little more - I think they're harder to get hold of as well.

We use Butane for almost everything whether it's the orange ones or the silver ones, they're all the same.

At the moment we are paying about 11 euro's each but some people are telling me that they are paying nearly 15 euro!!!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:14 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t let the man from CORGI know you are using that. lol
True. Much better to pay thru the nose. Wash up liq is very slightly corrosive, and a fraction of the price of proper leak detection fluid.

Just wash it off afterwards.....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:19 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
True. Much better to pay thru the nose. Wash up liq is very slightly corrosive, and a fraction of the price of proper leak detection fluid.

Just wash it off afterwards.....
I remember they said we couldn`t use it as it could eat through the copper tube, probably bribed by the makers of the fluid. ,-)
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:46 am
bil
Banned

Like I say, it's the residues that do it, so wash them off, and the very slight risk of corrosion is eliminated
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:22 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
From speaking to many Spanish about this, it would seem that Propane burns a lot hotter than Butane and so costs a little more - I think they're harder to get hold of as well.

We use Butane for almost everything whether it's the orange ones or the silver ones, they're all the same.

At the moment we are paying about 11 euro's each but some people are telling me that they are paying nearly 15 euro!!!
We get it for 11-ish off the lorry, but going to a third party supplier (Hardware store, corner shop or petrol station) it can be up to €15. But then, I have to weigh it up. Do I stay in and wait all morning for the lorry, or pay a bit extra and get it at my leisure
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:45 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rotor
You can also usually buy empty gas bottles on flea markets, expect to pay around 20-25 euro, saves having to pay for a house inspection etc,
Regulators are around 12-15 euro,

Rgds

Rotor

When we arrived in Spain Rotor We only had one Gas bottle it was January and very cold. I went to the delivery man and gave him fifty euros and got two full ones. Money talks smart guys listen. Since then I have built up a portfolio of six bottles. There are many things in the learning curve when you arrive in Spain
This was one of the smallest but most important. We have the covered ventilated little place to store them the contractor requires but when you are retired in your fifties its a good excuse to get out re gas bottle exchange and have a heavy lunch followed by a nice Russian filly from the N340 on the way back home. I attach a piccy of my latest conquest notice she indicates the price with her fingers twenty euros what a bargain,She turned me down of course kept going on that I had broken wind in the car, See never carry gas bottles in your car, Get a contract and let them deliver will work wonders for your love life paid or otherwise. I would add a postscript... Mrs Posh if you are reading this I only added the story about the russian lady to bring humour to the thread I am faithfull to you my dear and you alone "Ay-Thang-Yew"

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 29th 2009 at 5:40 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:52 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You CAN get Propane in Spain, Propano, and it comes in slightly different bottles to Butane, so you can use the BBQ, HOWEVER I've not seen the bottles on sale in the same way as the Butane ones, which are the ones used for house heaters, and you might well have difficulty finding a supplier where Butane is sold in almost every petrol station and hardware store.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Well thanks guys for all the responces it looks like I would be better off leaving the BBQ for the kids in Blighty and buying a new Butane BBQ when I arrive in Spain hopefully sooner than later if they can sort out this chain I'm in!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:19 pm
bil
Banned

The other alternative is to switch to charcoal.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yep,you can buy it almost anywhere and I`m sure the food tastes better, well worth the effort
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bil
Then theres the problem of finding the best Charcoal and no doupt there will be experts on that, HA HA thanks anyhow!!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:33 pm
bil
Banned

True, very true.