Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Furry Friends...

Furry Friends...

Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Question Furry Friends...

Kennels versus staying at home...

Usually when going on holiday I leave my furry family of 2 cats at home with a friend coming to feed each day. Feel they are happier in their own surroundings and the only drawback is all the other ferral cats coming for a free meal!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:46 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furry Friends...

Originally Posted by mitzipurr

Usually when going on holiday I leave my furry family of 2 cats at home with a friend coming to feed each day. Feel they are happier in their own surroundings and the only drawback is all the other ferral cats coming for a free meal!!
We have 4 cats, we always have one of our daughters to watch over the house and feed the cats when we go away. Don't know what we will do when we are in Spain as we won't know anyone well enough.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 5:16 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mitzipurr

Hi Mitzipurr

I would always leave them at home if possible, as they prefer it. If you feed them indoors then the ferrals wouldn't go in, would they?

Alternatively you check out the cattery run by Delia (the veterinary nurse from Avila) and her husband, Hugh. It's called Indiana. I have been to have a look round and it's great. Sorry, I don't have the number to hand but if you do a search on this forum you'll find it because it's been discussed before.

jj
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Hi to Lionda

I am sure once you come to Spain there will be a kind neighbour to look after your cats depending on the area you are moving to there may be a great cattery.

Hi to jjr

Last summer when we went away we left the window open in the little casita at the back of the house and so our cats and the ferrals had a great time!!

Yes I know of the Indiana place. I went to see it when it first opened up but I was concerned as the cats did not have any outside runs but perhaps this has now been improved??

Mitzi
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:53 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mitzipurr;4462268]

Yes I know of the Indiana place. I went to see it when it first opened up but I was concerned as the cats did not have any outside runs but perhaps this has now been improved??

Hi again

I haven't been recently but I do believe they were going to install outside runs and the holes in the walls were already in place. Give them a ring and ask. Good luck jj