Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Furniture / Sofa Shopping in Ayamonte Area

Furniture / Sofa Shopping in Ayamonte Area

Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Furniture / Sofa Shopping in Ayamonte Area

Hi, Please can anyone recommend any furniture / sofa shops in the Ayamonte area, I am looking at buying a sofa or even a sofa bed for my new apartment in Costa Esuri and any local knowledge would be great. I don't mind travelling a little bit to surrounding areas if necessary. Thanks Graham
Old Jul 28th 2011, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

adiemac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Furniture / Sofa Shopping in Ayamonte Area

Originally Posted by Mitto
Hi, Please can anyone recommend any furniture / sofa shops in the Ayamonte area, I am looking at buying a sofa or even a sofa bed for my new apartment in Costa Esuri and any local knowledge would be great. I don't mind travelling a little bit to surrounding areas if necessary. Thanks Graham
Hi, We used Mateos in Ayamonte. Alicia, Sales Person, was very helpful and product quality very good as well as quick delivery. They have a small shop in town and a larger one near the Football Stadium. Rgds Adrian. i have some other useful contacts for Air Con, Fly Screens, Electricals etc if you are interested. These are all people we used when furnishing our appt.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

We bought from various suppliers in Spain and Portugal. There are some good (and one really bad) furniture stores on the N125 heading from Vila Real towards Tavira. All depends on your taste really. Have fun.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
We bought from various suppliers in Spain and Portugal. There are some good (and one really bad) furniture stores on the N125 heading from Vila Real towards Tavira. All depends on your taste really. Have fun.
Try Egg in Nest they have loads going at low pricing !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info, where is Egg in Nest by the way?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, where is Egg in Nest by the way?
I am sure they have closed but they left their contact details at Esuri Golf Club on an ad with some details of what they were selling.

If you are lucky and the ad is still their, may be somebody will PM a number
Old Jul 31st 2011, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by guesswork
I am sure they have closed but they left their contact details at Esuri Golf Club on an ad with some details of what they were selling.

If you are lucky and the ad is still their, may be somebody will PM a number
www.egginnestayamonte.com/

Yes i think they have closed, however they are still selling stock from their warehouse... we went last week to look at some stuff... very cheap and brand new
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Also where can I get a shower screen from to go over the bath? I've had a look in a place called Arrance in Lepe but it seems very expensive and didn't know if there was somewhere a little more reasonable?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Also where can I get a shower screen from to go over the bath? I've had a look in a place called Arrance in Lepe but it seems very expensive and didn't know if there was somewhere a little more reasonable?
You could try Leroy Merlin at Corrales (nr Huelva) they have a large bathroom section.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Furniture / Sofa Shopping in Ayamonte Area

Originally Posted by MikeJ
You could try Leroy Merlin at Corrales (nr Huelva) they have a large bathroom section.
Also there is AKI opposite the Algarve shopping center in Faro similar range sometimes cheaper somtimes not.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I have to admit that we bought some stuff from Ikea near Seville. I can't get Ted into Ikea in England although it is only about a mile away and we walk past it often. We wanted some shelving to put books, DVDs etc. We were on our way to Leroy Merlin in Tomares as the store in Huelva hadn't got what we wanted. We had to pass Ikea so called in. We found some lovely stuff which was just what we wanted. Dearer than Leroy Merlin but better quality and much cheaper than anything else we had seen nearer Ayamonte/Lepe. It is on the A49 towards Seville. Just after junction 5 take the turning to Tomares but then double back over the motorway. You can't miss it; you can see the blue and yellow sign from the motorway and the building looks like any other Ikea store; blue and yellow and square.

Kath
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, I went to Leroy Merlin and got exactly what I needed with regards to the shower screen thanks. Didn't get chance to look for a sofa but will next time I'm out! Are there any good places to buy some terrace furniture from? I've had a look at Carrefour and Leroy Merlin but not sure about the quality of some of the stuff and wondered if there are any specific garden centres locally? Am I right in thinking there is one on the right hand side of the bottom road from Ayamonte to Lepe?
Old Aug 20th 2011, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Hi, I went to Leroy Merlin and got exactly what I needed with regards to the shower screen thanks. Didn't get chance to look for a sofa but will next time I'm out! Are there any good places to buy some terrace furniture from? I've had a look at Carrefour and Leroy Merlin but not sure about the quality of some of the stuff and wondered if there are any specific garden centres locally? Am I right in thinking there is one on the right hand side of the bottom road from Ayamonte to Lepe?
Yes that would be Viveros Costa Luz but their furniture, although superb, is very expensive. You probably won't be able to get much in the way of choice regarding garden furniture now until next spring.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

We bought some furniture for the terrace from Viveros Costa Luz last week. No extra charge for delivery; I was told to go straight home and not to go shopping anywhere first. The furniture was delivered 20 minutes after we arrived back home. How's that for service!!

Kath
Old Feb 25th 2012, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
We bought some furniture for the terrace from Viveros Costa Luz last week. No extra charge for delivery; I was told to go straight home and not to go shopping anywhere first. The furniture was delivered 20 minutes after we arrived back home. How's that for service!!

Kath
Yes I did the same back in September, the guy even followed me back to my apartment and the the quality of the furniture seems very good and was also at a reasonable price as it was end of season sale time.