Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

furniture purchase

furniture purchase

Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default furniture purchase

We have to buy some furniture with a euro cost of 1800 or thereabouts. It has to be ordered and the supplier requires 25% deposit. However I have some misgivings and yes perhaps we should withdraw but my wife wants this particular piece of furniture.

If they accept credit cards and they do not come up with the goods I am presuming that credit card company will 'sort' it out for us?
Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:44 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: furniture purchase

If it is a reputable shop I do not think that you will have a problem. I have always paid in full with a debit card (do not like or own credit cards) and never had a problem but this has been within my own town or one very nearby.

Rosemary
Old Apr 9th 2015, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thanks. The shop was not here in 2013. It is an old car show room with a parking lot. I am against the deal - not that it matters but English owners.

I do not have a good feel.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:30 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

A deposit is effectively a free loan to the company. It covers their costs, should you change your mind after ordering.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Richie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to allRichie1892 is a name known to all

I know which one you mean and I can only tell you of my limited personal experience but I bought a couple of terrace armchairs and footstools 2 weeks ago from them, he ordered them over the phone while we were there and they delivered them (free) the next day. Good quality and no problems, I only left 40€ deposit as that's all I had, only about 5% ish but he was more than happy with that.