Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing Times ?

Changing Times ?

Old Mar 7th 2015, 9:57 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing Times ?

Changing attitudes ?

Couple jailed for 21 months and fined 3000 euros because of barking dogs.

Barking dogs land owners in the doghouse - The Local
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing Times ?

I thought this was going to be a post about the times being displayed on the forum which are an hour in advance.

I've rechecked my settings, so it's not me
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:21 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The US changed to daylight savings time this morning.

The forum probably doesn't recognise other regions differences
Old Apr 9th 2015, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Changing attitudes ?

Couple jailed for 21 months and fined 3000 euros because of barking dogs.

Barking dogs land owners in the doghouse - The Local
I read the post dick so typical of what happens here in spain,i think a jail sentence is far too excessive and not called for,but a say 500 euro fine to start with then if continues 3000 big one yes to deter shock them and many other people more,yes after them not taking any action or ignoring their neighbours request for solution is what is needed in this case and many cases after prolonged disturbance barking and no effort to do anything about it to stop incessent barking or control it e.g electronic collar,this is a big problem here in spain on dogs barking excessively daytime,nightime,anytime and disturbing your neighbours peace and quite and making their lives damm miserable.

I too have had this problem so talking from experience its more than a nuisance its a big pain in the a---e,especially summer when you are outside with family or friends enjoying life here outdoors and plus trying to sleep at night is impossible,the spanish neighbours attitude is they are dogs they bark!,yes of course they do,i had a dog myself for many years with no problem barking because i trained my dog properly,and if someone goes past the gate they bark as warning good then he stopped,dogs do bark for communication its normal,but some just bark non-stop or at the slightest whim and like my neighbours who are at work for 4-6+ hours or all day this is separation anxiety!,they used to have many dogs for breeding and the other neighbour has 4 dogs bark a lot also thats just not acceptable,and when questioned about do the not interested,shrug,or seem to put up with it how i dont know,or maybe tell them to be quite once when they are home,that works only when they are home,so the answer is DENUNCIA ayuntamiento and a registered warning letter to them about it and a visit and warning from police and ayuntamiento as there are laws in place about dogs barking causing nuisance which incurr fines!.

You have options here be a doormat and just put up with nuisance and be miserable all the time lack of sleep and it then affects you and your family,or do something about it which these people did was last straw for them,good,the dog owners should be more responsible and thoughtful and respectful of their neighbours,best thing they did was move away in the end.,neighbours from hell!.

Finally If you are living out in the middle nowhere in spain as many people do in the campo and you do not have close neighbours nearby,for your protection and security its good to have many dogs who will bark to warn off thieves unwelcomed people ect..