Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

French Language Schools?

French Language Schools?

Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

thetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nice
Thumbs up French Language Schools?

Hi:

I am looking for information on French language schools anywhere on the southern coast.

I would prefer somewhere in the area bordered by Malaga, La Linea, Cadiz and Cordoba but at this point any information on any French school would be appreciated.

After a long discussion it seems that my son would prefer to continue school in French rather than going to an English or Spanish school. I understand his position and promised to find out much as possible so I am hoping the great people here can assist.

Iain
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:31 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Language Schools?

Originally Posted by thetraveller
Hi:

I am looking for information on French language schools anywhere on the southern coast.

I would prefer somewhere in the area bordered by Malaga, La Linea, Cadiz and Cordoba but at this point any information on any French school would be appreciated.

After a long discussion it seems that my son would prefer to continue school in French rather than going to an English or Spanish school. I understand his position and promised to find out much as possible so I am hoping the great people here can assist.

Iain
I have no idea

all I can think of is try googling in French?

my French isn't up to that anymore

all the International schools I know of teach in English - even one here which was originally German-owned
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

thetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nicethetraveller is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I have no idea

all I can think of is try googling in French?

my French isn't up to that anymore

all the International schools I know of teach in English - even one here which was originally German-owned
Thanks - I have done the Google thing but my French ain't so hot either and nothing beats personal information.

Iain
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:08 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi:

Iain
Hi,
Google is your friend. "lycée français malaga" will help you.
But bear in mind that the lessons are based on the French system and that your son would have to catch up on French History and Literature, adjust to the French way of learning maths, cope with doing Science and Biology in French, not to mention really master French (and English!) Grammar (you have to analyze a usually difficult text in both for the Bac). And, to cap it all, a year of philosophy in the Bac Year....
I'd have a good think about this option!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
But bear in mind that the lessons are based on the French system and that your son would have to catch up on French History and Literature, adjust to the French way of learning maths, cope with doing Science and Biology in French, not to mention really master French (and English!) Grammar (you have to analyze a usually difficult text in both for the Bac). And, to cap it all, a year of philosophy in the Bac Year....
The Lycee Francais Malaga is about 2 mins from where my 7yo goes to school; itś in a kind of golden triangle of education! However, further than that - ie very accurate directions - I'm afraid I can't help
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
Thanks for that. He is in French language school presently here in Canada but you make a good point about French lit and history.

Iain
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that. He is in French language school presently here in Canada but you make a good point about French lit and history.

Iain
My brother is in a similar situation. His son is at a French immersion school in Canada. The family wants to move to Spain but would prefer to keep him in a French school. Let us know if you gather any more information. Thanks!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
My brother is in a similar situation. His son is at a French immersion school in Canada. The family wants to move to Spain but would prefer to keep him in a French school. Let us know if you gather any more information. Thanks!
Glad to hear that I am not alone

What part of the country are they thinking of moving to? When are they thinking of moving? What grade is the boy in now?

Any info that I can find out I will post to this thread so others can find it.

Iain
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear that I am not alone

What part of the country are they thinking of moving to? When are they thinking of moving? What grade is the boy in now?

Any info that I can find out I will post to this thread so others can find it.

Iain
They want to move somewhere on the Costal Del Sol, hopefully by the start of the next school term. But, it is totally dependent on finding the right school. If they don't find one that is satisfactory, they won't move. I think he is in Grade 2 now.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Does this help? I have no idea whether it's an exhaustive list or not.

Ecoles, collèges et lycées français en Espagne
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rachelk
Does this help? I have no idea whether it's an exhaustive list or not.

Ecoles, collèges et lycées français en Espagne
Hi:

Thanks the list. I am not sure how extensive it is but it gives me a good starting point.

Iain