Wedding Cake

Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all
Default Wedding Cake

Hi This is along shot perhaps .but can anyone recommend where my daughter could have a professional wedding cake made for her wedding later this year in the Malaga area .PS i would rather keep away from so called professionals doing cakes from there kitchen.Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:37 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding Cake

Originally Posted by simon2129
Hi This is along shot perhaps .but can anyone recommend where my daughter could have a professional wedding cake made for her wedding later this year in the Malaga area .PS i would rather keep away from so called professionals doing cakes from there kitchen.Thanks

My friend who owns a cafe/cake/snack shop in Alhaurin el Grande! She makes cakes to die for!!!!! The shop is called Pik-Niks - remove this if I'm advertising

Jo xxx
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:41 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
My friend who owns a cafe/cake/snack shop in Alhaurin el Grande! She makes cakes to die for!!!!! The shop is called Pik-Niks - remove this if I'm advertising

Jo xxx
Its acceptable if it's personal recommendation
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all

Thank you for that jo 'sorry to be a pain but could you tell me do they do celebration cakes to a high standard as as my daughters in laws¨are hi brow to say the least¨
Old Jan 18th 2010, 6:55 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that jo 'sorry to be a pain but could you tell me do they do celebration cakes to a high standard as as my daughters in laws¨are hi brow to say the least¨
Yes, they most certainly do. They did a guitar shaped brthday cake for my husbands birthday and it was absolutely amazing, both the taste and the look. The lady who runs it, Kate, is a professional cake maker/decorator! Its well worth the drive over to visit them and have a discreet "nose", a coffee and indeed one of their cakes!! - I wish I had a phone number for them, but I dont (broken mobile, long story!!)

Jo xxx
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that jo it sounds ideal
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:06 pm
Banned

Thank you for that jo it sounds ideal

It does actually!! Please visit their cafe, its lovely!

Jo xxx
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In a cardboard box soon if I dont find anywhere to rent!
sparkplug will become famous soon enoughsparkplug will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
It does actually!! Please visit their cafe, its lovely!

Jo xxx
I still owe you a coffee!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sparkplug
I still owe you a coffee!
Indeed!! Maybe we should meet at Pik niks in El Grande!??? Have you been there yet? Its on the top road, not far from the BP garage!?

Jo xxx
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

PS i would rather keep away from so called professionals doing cakes from there kitchen.Thanks
Do not knock "professional amateurs" working from their kitchen. The hours needed to make a wedding cake (3 tiers) are enormous and they often do not earn even the minimum wage. I operated out of my kitchen in the UK making wedding cakes - this was after a two year course - and stopped making cakes when I moved here. Look at their pictures and then compare prices.

One word of warning - if you are going for sugar flowers be careful because of the humidity.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

dancing queen is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually own a cafe in the Malaga area and would like to tell you that i have all sorts of un-savoury people coming in to offer their services of " Home-baking " i certainly wouldnt entertain the Kitchen cook !!! i would prefer to buy from a fully licensed premises where i am sure that there are no animals etc. and their is a controlled standard of cleanliness.
Do you have any more details please JO, i host lots of communions and get asked for british style cakes and always struggle to find a reputable establishment......maybe i could work alongside Pic-niks. Many thanks
Old Jan 19th 2010, 8:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dancing queen
I actually own a cafe in the Malaga area and would like to tell you that i have all sorts of un-savoury people coming in to offer their services of " Home-baking " i certainly wouldnt entertain the Kitchen cook !!! i would prefer to buy from a fully licensed premises where i am sure that there are no animals etc. and their is a controlled standard of cleanliness.
Do you have any more details please JO, i host lots of communions and get asked for british style cakes and always struggle to find a reputable establishment......maybe i could work alongside Pic-niks. Many thanks

I shall go into Pic niks tomorrow and ask them to give me their phone number to pass on to you - alternatively, if you're fairly close to Alhaurin El Grande, you could pop in there - Simon and Kate are the owners, he does the talking and she does the work lol!!!!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Celebration cakes are easy to make. The Be-Ro recipe is good

However icing them is a different matter.

Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

dancing queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Wedding Cake

goodness me.......a BeRo book, thats takes me back to my nanas kitchen !!, great memories. And the "old fart " iced cake.....what can i say....Smelly and un-savoury spring to mind. Thankyou for your help but huge thanks to Jo for a contact number for picniks, i have spoken to the lady who owns it and we are meeting tomorrow so i will let you know how it goes, once again thankyou for getting the info so quickly for me Jo.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dancing queen
goodness me.......a BeRo book, thats takes me back to my nanas kitchen !!, great memories. And the "old fart " iced cake.....what can i say....Smelly and un-savoury spring to mind. Thankyou for your help but huge thanks to Jo for a contact number for picniks, i have spoken to the lady who owns it and we are meeting tomorrow so i will let you know how it goes, once again thankyou for getting the info so quickly for me Jo.
I hope its helpful for you both! Kate is really lovely and makes brilliant cakes too!!!!

Jo xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.