Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Free Sky TV on PC?

Free Sky TV on PC?

Old May 6th 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Free Sky TV on PC?

Hi

My daughter wants me to subscribe to one of several companies advertising free sky and other channels through our PC. Most of them say it can be obtained by paying a one off fee and can be accessed in the UK, Spain or anywhere else in the world.

I am suspicious about this. Can anyone tell me whether it is a con or not?

Thanks

Graham
Old May 6th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Sky TV on PC?

the only way that a PC is going to recieve sky tv is by live streaming from a company or another person with sky..

how much is it - sounds interesting !

so far adding a second box to our existing sky dish has cost me 50 euros.
Old May 6th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
the only way that a PC is going to recieve sky tv is by live streaming from a company or another person with sky..

how much is it - sounds interesting !

so far adding a second box to our existing sky dish has cost me 50 euros.
The one I was referring to is www.watchtvonnet.com.

Some others that have been mentioned are:

www.skyonlinetv.co.uk
www.netstreams.tv
www.watchskyfree.com
www.watch-television-online.biz

I am still dubious, but I hope I am wrong.

Graham
Old May 6th 2006, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

calum141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

No this is not what it is saying.

Similar things are advertised on eBay, also known as e-books, and it even says on one of the websites it's a pdf file you'll recieve with url's to live streams, i tried it for fun, it's a fake.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FREE-SATELLITE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/x-Watch-Sky-Di...QQcmdZViewItem

just 2 of 167 items for sale at the moment of this product on ebay.

good luck,

Calum
Old May 6th 2006, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Appears to be a scam. There is some information here.

Apparently its a collection of channels none of which are actually BSkyB channels.
Old May 6th 2006, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

It is a very well known scam. Do not be tempted.

regards
BW.
Old May 7th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by big wheels
It is a very well known scam. Do not be tempted.

regards
BW.
I thought so, but thanks for confirming it for me