Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

FREE HEALTH CARE SPAIN

FREE HEALTH CARE SPAIN

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:17 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FREE HEALTH CARE SPAIN

Originally Posted by Peter B
Can anyone recommend a good (and cheap) health insurance plan. The cheapest I could find for me and my wife, a couple of 40 year old non smokers, was €1,500 a year.
Sanitas .... they were €1100 a year when we started, aged in mid 50's
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 11:40 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

You are also eligible for free Healthcare via an E121 if you are on Incapacity Benefit from the UK, for as long as you are on the Benefit, even if you are below Retirement Age.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scampicat
You are also eligible for free Healthcare via an E121 if you are on Incapacity Benefit from the UK, for as long as you are on the Benefit, even if you are below Retirement Age.
Just done mine for me the wife and 2 kids... €4500! with Sanitas.... don't they make toilets :-)
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidpayne
Just done mine for me the wife and 2 kids... €4500! with Sanitas.... don't they make toilets :-)
Wow
Thats a lot of money!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

davidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the roughdavidpayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wow
Thats a lot of money!
Yep... I didn't got with it..!

At the moment we are all registered at local health centre, however we do have an expiry date, we don't pay into the social, so lets hope it gets renewed.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:53 am
Senior Moment

Yep... I didn't got with it..!

At the moment we are all registered at local health centre, however we do have an expiry date, we don't pay into the social, so lets hope it gets renewed.
Unfortunately you will probably find that when the card expires, you wont get it renewed and get no cover

Id check that Sanitas rate, it doesnt sound right
We paid €1100 for two of us in mid fifties ....... there are different levels of cover, we chose classic. I know at the time that others were cheaper as well
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately you will probably find that when the card expires, you wont get it renewed and get no cover

Id check that Sanitas rate, it doesnt sound right
We paid €1100 for two of us in mid fifties ....... there are different levels of cover, we chose classic. I know at the time that others were cheaper as well
Just did it for me and my wife.. (No kids)
3600 with no xs!!! on the classic

With 2 kids and us two on the classic... wait for it....

4411.00€

Everytime I do it, I get a different price.

Cheaper for me to pay in €240 every month!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

4411.00€

Thats it off of BUPA INT website sanitas!

Just found sanitas.es So much cheaper ............just under €1000 for all four of us!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

4411.00€

Why not wait until your cards expire at the medical centre, then see what happens when you go to renew them?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:51 am
Senior Moment

Thats it off of BUPA INT website sanitas!

Just found sanitas.es So much cheaper ............just under €1000 for all four of us!
Yes thats the initial mistake I made. The BUPA site covers you for the UK and one other country iirc.

The sanitas site is the Spanish insurance that will cover you for medical benefits when you are anywhere in europe on holiday
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Yes thats the initial mistake I made. The BUPA site covers you for the UK and one other country iirc.

The sanitas site is the Spanish insurance that will cover you for medical benefits when you are anywhere in europe on holiday
That quote was for "Designed for foreign residents in spain" and only for use within spain, they advise if travelling to UK for holiday then you need travel insurance!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:14 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I live in Catalonia and after the 2 years free via UK had to pay for private insurance via Sanitas. 180 euro per 2 months includes dental. I am in my fifties and have now gone as a dependant on my wife's sipp card as she is over 60. I now get free healthcare and free prescriptions. That little blue card is worth more than my Amex Black.Last week Mrs P went to see a well known American dentist here in Catalonia and The Dentist wanted one thousand euro just for one crown and post she said the tooth was sooooooooo bad. We were recommended a dentist 5 minutes up the road and he said no problem rebuilt the tooth and put in a nice white filling. Looks as good as new and cost 100 euro. I don't know why she bothered because as you know Posh never smiles.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I live in Catalonia and after the 2 years free via UK had to pay for private insurance via Sanitas. 180 euro per 2 months includes dental. I am in my fifties and have now gone as a dependant on my wife's sipp card as she is over 60. I now get free healthcare and free prescriptions. That little blue card is worth more than my Amex Black.Last week Mrs P went to see a well known American dentist here in Catalonia and The Dentist wanted one thousand euro just for one crown and post she said the tooth was sooooooooo bad. We were recommended a dentist 5 minutes up the road and he said no problem rebuilt the tooth and put in a nice white filling. Looks as good as new and cost 100 euro. I don't know why she bothered because as you know Posh never smiles.
The cards are green here. ;-)
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:35 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jdr
The cards are green here. ;-)

Ours are blue Jdr but the main thing is what they provide. Shame there is no dental I fancy a full set of the best billy wizz crowns at the rice farmers tax expense.Will make up for the mossies they breed with their rice. Ahhhhhhhhhh to be a Bee Gee Meaningless wordsssssssss in silly high voice sessssss
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Originally Posted by poshnbucks

Is 60 the retirement age for both sexes as far as SIP cards are concerned?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.