Free gas...

Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free gas...

...bottles that is!

We decided we needed another Cepsa bottle (the silver ones) and discovered from the nice man at our local Ferreteria that there's an offer on...

No deposit on gas bottles until the end of the month... just pay for the gas!

Sorry, so excited about getting our 'free' gas bottle I thought I needed to tell everyone
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free gas...

Now why didn't they do this back in early march! We purchased another 3 bottles with nearly 120€ as deposit
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you could only get the gas bottles from the gas company, and that you had to be registered with them and have your house checked out and so on?

Do you mean that all this time I could have just popped into the ferreteria and got some?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:05 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

be careful, someone might end up gassing houses and robbing people.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Free gas...

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Now stop that!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Have you any idea how much gas that would take?? No wonder they've got an offer on!

1kg of butane in liquified form will expand to 250 times it's own volume as a vapour. That means, a single bottle would yield around 5m3 of gas. Take the average Spanish house with 100m2 build and 3m high ceilings - that would only give a concentration of about 1.5% - you'd need to maintain a concentration of about 5% butane for 30 minutes just to bring on symptoms of mild of depression, forget sending anyone to bye byes!

Originally Posted by billgates
I thought you could only get the gas bottles from the gas company, and that you had to be registered with them and have your house checked out and so on?

Do you mean that all this time I could have just popped into the ferreteria and got some?
Yup. You still need to fill in the paperwork, but can walk out with the bottle there and then.

Tip! Don't tick the box which says "Usage: for gassing people and stealing their property". You need a special licence for that

Last edited by twyntub; Apr 10th 2008 at 8:04 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
...bottles that is!

We decided we needed another Cepsa bottle (the silver ones) and discovered from the nice man at our local Ferreteria that there's an offer on...

No deposit on gas bottles until the end of the month... just pay for the gas!

Sorry, so excited about getting our 'free' gas bottle I thought I needed to tell everyone
They did it in a garage up the road from us a couple of years ago, my son got four bottles on two accounts.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

We were able to get an extra bottle (silver) in our local garage a couple of years ago but now, they cant, you have to go to the main office with your contract before they will let you have another bottle.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Have you any idea how much gas that would take?? No wonder they've got an offer on!

1kg of butane in liquified form will expand to 250 times it's own volume as a vapour. That means, a single bottle would yield around 5m3 of gas. Take the average Spanish house with 100m2 build and 3m high ceilings - that would only give a concentration of about 1.5% - you'd need to maintain a concentration of about 5% butane for 30 minutes just to bring on symptoms of mild of depression, forget sending anyone to bye byes!

Yup. You still need to fill in the paperwork, but can walk out with the bottle there and then.

Tip! Don't tick the box which says "Usage: for gassing people and stealing their property". You need a special licence for that
I will admit, there was a little biddy bit of sarcasm in my post.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

I will admit, there was a little biddy bit of sarcasm in my post.
...which I was delighted as always to feed...
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:20 pm
Straw Man.

...which I was delighted as always to feed...
Apparently I am always arguing on here!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apparently I am always arguing on here!
Merely allowing others less fortunate in a cranial sense to benefit from your undoubted wealth of knowledge and experience, for free I hasten to add...!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:52 pm
Straw Man.

Merely allowing others less fortunate in a cranial sense to benefit from your undoubted wealth of knowledge and experience, for free I hasten to add...!
absolutely!