Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Free Cash Machines !

Free Cash Machines !

Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Free Cash Machines !

Originally Posted by heddi
Does anyone have any of the original Fadesa sales & marketing info - I am trying to locate what is available or maybe from Superior one of the main selling agents? Please let me know thanks
What sort of material were you seeking?
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:05 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Cash Machines !

Originally Posted by BobD
Ibercaja in Laguna Square has a machine with the Servi Red Symbol (as does my BBVA card). However, it still wanted to charge me 4% for a cash withdrawl.

Eventually went to Lepe, and used one of the two machine from the BBVA Branch there (Calle Real).
When we first came to CE we had a Santander account - a guy called Richard was very helpful. But I have never seen charges remotely like the ones they wanted. Anywhere. I was simply shocked. We got out quick and went to Caja Granada CG - where I get great service and low charges... an outside machine and I was told that for a few cents I could use any machine with the big number '6' and stars on the sign (is that servi red?) for withdrawals. Its next to the notary office in town. When using it before in a non-CG '6-bank' I don't think I was charged anything. Also good service, a good internet account and I can email them in English.

It looks like Santander have realised this and improved their service, as Olivia says, but they lost us as customers a few years back..... as an ex Abbey National customer, I have Santander shares but that didn't help. Good to hear they have improved.

Jon
Old Oct 9th 2012, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
When we first came to CE we had a Santander account - a guy called Richard was very helpful. But I have never seen charges remotely like the ones they wanted. Anywhere. I was simply shocked. We got out quick and went to Caja Granada CG - where I get great service and low charges... an outside machine and I was told that for a few cents I could use any machine with the big number '6' and stars on the sign (is that servi red?) for withdrawals. Its next to the notary office in town. When using it before in a non-CG '6-bank' I don't think I was charged anything. Also good service, a good internet account and I can email them in English.

It looks like Santander have realised this and improved their service, as Olivia says, but they lost us as customers a few years back..... as an ex Abbey National customer, I have Santander shares but that didn't help. Good to hear they have improved.

Jon
I also had an Account originally with Santander, and as you say, Richard was very helpful. However, when I completed on my property, I switched to BBVA, because they transferred the Mortgage from Fadesa to me without charges, saving about €3000. At that time they had Arturo, a very helpful English speaking gentleman. He has since moved on, I don't think they have any English speaking staff at the Ayamonte Branch now, and they don't respond to e-mails. They are charging me €6 per month for half a dozen transactions, and I can only get 'free' money from their machine, which is located inside their building, and last time I used it, it was only accessible during opening hours. Perhaps its time to change.

Heddi, can't really understand why your question is in this thread, but perhaps if you explain in more detail what you are looking for, and why, you might get a better and more specific response.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any of the original Fadesa sales & marketing info - I am trying to locate what is available or maybe from Superior one of the main selling agents? Please let me know thanks
Here is a link to a Spanish company who are selling properties. The owner lives on Esuri and sponsors some of the golf events

http://www.vinculosdelsuroeste.com/

I will also find a link to BBVA who are also selling properties which are on their books
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the other link

https://www.bbvavivienda.com/buscador/resultado#
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

I also had an Account originally with Santander, and as you say, Richard was very helpful. However, when I completed on my property, I switched to BBVA, because they transferred the Mortgage from Fadesa to me without charges, saving about €3000. At that time they had Arturo, a very helpful English speaking gentleman. He has since moved on, I don't think they have any English speaking staff at the Ayamonte Branch now, and they don't respond to e-mails. They are charging me €6 per month for half a dozen transactions, and I can only get 'free' money from their machine, which is located inside their building, and last time I used it, it was only accessible during opening hours. Perhaps its time to change.

Heddi, can't really understand why your question is in this thread, but perhaps if you explain in more detail what you are looking for, and why, you might get a better and more specific response.
Hi Bob,

I use a Halifax card,Mastercard,they dont charge for foreign exchange monies,anywere in the world,get great rates,close to the bank rate.

Just settle it off each month and no costs,can get one online,I dont bank with them daily,but use for all my overseas payments.

Ken.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bob, its crazy! They wanted 3000 Euros for a bit of admin!! Crazy. They wanted 2x 450E just to write cheques for me! Let alone the other charges, I searched/found a email I have from them after your post - horrible.

The reason I am particularly interested in Santander, is because its (for me) the bank that is one of the most important in Spain as a 'thermometer' to the rest of the system. This company has to succeed, with whatever bailouts the EU are giving them, because if they don't then it's (for me personally) is a terrible sign... for the rest. I wander around Ayamonte and wonder how all these branches can make enough money to pay their salary and rent + bills etc etc !

Ahhh wouldn't it be great to be 'flying high' again
Jon
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

, I switched to BBVA, because they transferred the Mortgage from Fadesa to me without charges, saving about €3000. At that time they had Arturo, a very helpful English speaking gentleman. He has since moved on, I don't think they have any English speaking staff at the Ayamonte Branch now, and they don't respond to e-mails. They are charging me €6 per month for half a dozen transactions, and I can only get 'free' money from their machine, which is located inside their building, and last time I used it, it was only accessible during opening hours. Perhaps its time to change.
We are with BBVA and are not charged a monthly fee (last time I looked !), you are right about the non English speaking staff in the Ayamonte branch, however BBVA have a dedicated english speaking telephone service 0034 913 747 368 where you can query the charges?
Good Luck !
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

The BBVA manager is a friend mine and speaks quite good English....
Old Oct 11th 2012, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LordMayor
The BBVA manager is a friend mine and speaks quite good English....
It's a shame then that he doesn't instruct his Spanish speaking staff to let his English speaking customers know !
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Think Superior expired quite a long time ago. You could try Homes & Fincas (ask for Kurt) in Ayamonte who seem to have many of the available properties and plots.