Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Free Cash Machines !

Free Cash Machines !

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all
Default Free Cash Machines !

Despite the title, I don't mean machines that dole out free cash !

My Bank (BBVA) have moved to new premises, and the Cash Machine is now inside the building, whereas before it was outside. I often want to get cash outside of Bank Hours, so does anyone know of external ATMs in Ayamonte that don't charge for a cash withdrawls from 'other' Banks ?

TIA
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Free Cash Machines !

Originally Posted by BobD
Despite the title, I don't mean machines that dole out free cash !

My Bank (BBVA) have moved to new premises, and the Cash Machine is now inside the building, whereas before it was outside. I often want to get cash outside of Bank Hours, so does anyone know of external ATMs in Ayamonte that don't charge for a cash withdrawls from 'other' Banks ?

TIA
If its like the old branch can you not just swipe your card to go into the lobby and use the machine?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all
Default Re: Free Cash Machines !

From my quick visit today, it is not in the lobby, it is in the main body of the bank. Also, it wasn't working when I called in.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:13 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a Santander account in the UK or in Spain, I'm told there are NO transaction charges and you get an exchange rate very close to the daily bank rate if you use your Santander card in any of their their machines either in the UK or Spain.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Santander is a very good accout to have. However I think you have to have £1000.00 per month going into your uk account to get the fee free deal.
Another worth considering is N&P Norwich and Peterborough Building Society. They ask for 5 transactions per month and do not charge a foreign handeling fee. Spent 22.52 EUR on 1st April and the rate was 0.8357.
So far So good! If they stop the deal then it will be Santander for us too.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I now use a Halifax clarity card. Free withdrawals and commercial rate. You get charged interest at c.1% per month, so not to bad a deal.

I currently have a RBS account but have been advised that is going over to Santander in the near future. However I am reluctant to go over to Santander as they get very negative comments in the Uk.
Does anyone have first hand good or bad experiences with them?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 4:00 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I think BBVA use Servi Red?

If so, you may use any cash machine carrying that symbol for charge free cash withdrawls.

Last edited by missile; Apr 5th 2012 at 4:04 am.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I now use a Halifax clarity card. Free withdrawals and commercial rate. You get charged interest at c.1% per month, so not to bad a deal.

I currently have a RBS account but have been advised that is going over to Santander in the near future. However I am reluctant to go over to Santander as they get very negative comments in the Uk.
Does anyone have first hand good or bad experiences with them?
my BH will give you some very negative comments about the branch she uses in Spain
like BBVA have seen their ratings on a piece of paper and expect to be treated like overlords

I have a La Caixa account which has cash machine screens in about 7 differenct languages
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:32 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

When I first moved to spain, I banked with BBVA but did not appreciate their charging structure.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
I think BBVA use Servi Red?

If so, you may use any cash machine carrying that symbol for charge free cash withdrawls.
Ibercaja in Laguna Square has a machine with the Servi Red Symbol (as does my BBVA card). However, it still wanted to charge me 4% for a cash withdrawl.

Eventually went to Lepe, and used one of the two machine from the BBVA Branch there (Calle Real).
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:44 am
Started off with nothing

I guess BBVA charge 4% for using cash machine @ a.n.other banK?

Like I said, I gave up on BBVA because of their rip off charges.

If you are ever in USofA you may find this useful .http://www.bbvacompass.com/locations/
Shame BBVA do not appear to have an equivalent for ATM locations in spain.

Last edited by missile; Apr 8th 2012 at 7:03 am.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 7:15 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
my BH will give you some very negative comments about the branch she uses in Spain
like BBVA have seen their ratings on a piece of paper and expect to be treated like overlords

I have a La Caixa account which has cash machine screens in about 7 differenct languages
We've enjoyed excellent results with La Caixa. Not "free", but not OTT either, and their service has been impeccable all 'round.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:56 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
We've enjoyed excellent results with La Caixa. Not "free", but not OTT either, and their service has been impeccable all 'round.
well ISTR its €2.25 per month but once you reach retirement age they cancel that and the account becomes charge free

found the service excellent, they speak English in my local village branch, gave me full access with internet etc etc on day one, without any appointment.

Old Apr 8th 2012, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
Ibercaja in Laguna Square has a machine with the Servi Red Symbol (as does my BBVA card). However, it still wanted to charge me 4% for a cash withdrawl.

Eventually went to Lepe, and used one of the two machine from the BBVA Branch there (Calle Real).
Hi Bob
We spoke about Ibercaja but they have never charged me for using my Halifax Clarity card

Cheers
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

heddi is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any of the original Fadesa sales & marketing info - I am trying to locate what is available or maybe from Superior one of the main selling agents? Please let me know thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.