Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Foster Chidren taken away

Foster Chidren taken away

Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foster Chidren taken away

Originally Posted by cricketman
I guess the generation on here are from the one where they had to be seen but not heard. Explains why they are so uptight
The following generation are the ones who were put in front of the TV.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Rugby, that is such a joke. Attempting to rationalise the punishment section of sharia as it being a "small part" and counterbalanced by "giving alms". I'm happier that if someone in British society wants alms, they can go to the benefits office and the government will give them some alms, and indeed that they have a right to those alms as determined by an elected government.

I know there is an argument that sharia "in small doses" can be beneficial in resolving disputes between people. However, in my opinion, it is the thin end of a very dangerous wedge. It is like Sunday school in Christian churches, it provided a warm and friendly environment for children, but it's broader aim is indoctrination and brain washing. I think we are a couple of hundred years past the point where we need to rely on religious institutions to decide our fate.

How much do you know about the Jewish Beth Din courts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7233040.stm

I always think it's very telling the way that people screaming about how disgusting it is that followers of Islam should have recourse to a separate system of justice to British law, but they never utter a peep about the Jewish system of civil law.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 11:44 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I blame Black Immigrants in the 50's and 60's for forcing Reggae on us.
Yeh, but what about Calypso ?

I always thought that was quite pleasant.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 12:18 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
How much do you know about the Jewish Beth Din courts?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7233040.stm

I always think it's very telling the way that people screaming about how disgusting it is that followers of Islam should have recourse to a separate system of justice to British law, but they never utter a peep about the Jewish system of civil law.
Never heard of Beth Din, but I have now. Thanks. I will add them to the whacky justice list containing Sharia and the Ten Commandments. The problem with multiple systems of law is that what is wrong under one system may acceptable under another; this kind of contradiction and inconsistency breeds resentment, distrust and violence. And of course, these systems are founded in religion, based on the enlightened and farcical views of people living thousands of years ago.

You shouldn't think it's "telling" however. Although I don't know the Beth Din, my guess is that it does not advocate stoning, and its followers are not apt to walk around Britain with black sheets covering their face and body. It follows then that the media and "people" will be less concerned about Jewish civil law as it is more in line with English civil law.

Last edited by Shard; Nov 27th 2012 at 12:20 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 12:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Facepalm picture for aisle 6 please....
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:10 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Listen sweetheart, ..............sweetie!
I didn't know you cared so much

I was born in Iran, lived for most of my childhood in the Middle East and aside from the many many family members still in the Middle East I also have quite a few Muslim friends.
oh dear, the obligatory Muslim "friends"

What is absolutely amazing is that a thread about foster children has developed into yet another Muslim bashing thread fuelled by the usual bigoted right wing immigrants in Spain. Priceless.
no one started "Muslim bashing" just your paranoia and desire to flame people to try to prove you are the "Big I Am" who shouts, rants, raves at others, swears in an expat forum and gets away with it, running round calling people racist because they hold different values and views to your self.

you are the one that is priceless, turning what was a reasonable discussion into a personal paranoid vendetta.

grow up Sonny Jim

`
Old Nov 27th 2012, 1:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
I didn't know you cared so much
oh dear, the obligatory Muslim "friends"
no one started "Muslim bashing" just your paranoia and desire to flame people to try to prove you are the "Big I Am" who shouts, rants, raves at others, swears in an expat forum and gets away with it, running round calling people racist because they hold different values and views to your self.
you are the one that is priceless, turning what was a reasonable discussion into a personal paranoid vendetta.
grow up Sonny Jim

`
I am still waiting to find out what your comment about me living near Holt has to do with the thread big boy?
I mean if you are trying to accuse ME of hijacking threads I'd love to hear how your snide remark fits in with a thread about Foster children, multiculturalism and racist bigots like you....
Come on, let me know.... let us all know.....

In the mean time let the rest of us discuss the issue without resorting to your xenophobic Little Englander crap! Thanks.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one UKIP election candidate who wants to impose his own form of political correctness on the adoption process:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...candidate.html

(Lights blue touch paper and retires!)

Last edited by Lynn R; Nov 27th 2012 at 2:26 pm. Reason: Problem with link
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Here's one UKIP election candidate who wants to impose his own form of political correctness on the adoption process:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...candidate.html

(Lights blue touch paper and retires!)
But he was born in Jamaica, so shouldn't be in the UK in the first place !!!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

It does show how desperate UKIP must be to have chosen Winston McKenzie as a candidate. He has been a member of all the parties - Lab, Con, Lib, Veritas, and three years ago he founded the short-lived Unity party, which was pro-Europe!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:08 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
And the point of your use of the quote was?

In my ignorance, I have no idea who Shard is
You probably want to read the thread before posting.

To follow up on either point would just require me to restate earlier thread posts, best done by yourself.

Last edited by kimilseung; Nov 27th 2012 at 3:13 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
It does show how desperate UKIP must be to have chosen Winston McKenzie as a candidate. He has been a member of all the parties - Lab, Con, Lib, Veritas, and three years ago he founded the short-lived Unity party, which was pro-Europe!
As UKIP have moved swiftly to disassociate themselves from Mr McKenzie's comments, it also begs the question of just what anyone in that constituency would be voting for when they put a cross next to his name as the UKIP candidate?