Footgolf

Old May 7th 2016, 8:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Footgolf

Hi

I was watching BBC breakfast this morning and they have a special piece on FOOTGOLF. Never heard of it before.

BBC News - UK footgolf tournament kicks off

But it seems that its very popular and there are even national teams. You can play alongside golfers on a golf course and it sounds like fun.

I wonder if we could add this at CE Golf and therefore increase the 'cachet' of our course.. and therefore bring more footfall to us (no pun intended ). Something that we need.

Any thoughts? I'd be happy to recommend this to CERA/GC/Javier etc.

Jon

PS Forgot to mention this is also a low cost option as well

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 7th 2016 at 9:23 am.
Old May 7th 2016, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Fiberite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Footgolf

There is plenty of room on the east course for footy golf and it would give all those folk who paid a premium for "frontline golf apartments " something to watch while they drown their sorrows.
Old May 7th 2016, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiberite
There is plenty of room on the east course for footy golf and it would give all those folk who paid a premium for "frontline golf apartments " something to watch while they drown their sorrows.
I'm not sure the club would appreciate use of the West course but run a mower over the East course and it would be ideal. I've seen this played and it surprisingly skilful. ISTR vaguely, a story about football golf in Portugal.
Or you could put in a bid for the course and set up a new busines LOL
Old May 7th 2016, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Footgolf

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I'm not sure the club would appreciate use of the West course but run a mower over the East course and it would be ideal. I've seen this played and it surprisingly skilful. ISTR vaguely, a story about football golf in Portugal.
Or you could put in a bid for the course and set up a new busines LOL
Both over 50s football and footgolf are played along the Algarve to great effect although both seem too suffer a high injury rate. I believe Costa Esuri has raised an over 50s team in the past and many injuries were suffered in their match I think in Olhao.
Old May 7th 2016, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fiberite
Gosh, that is so witty. I'm sure all those who invested on the east course locations will really appreciate your comments.
Old May 9th 2016, 5:22 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it would work on golf2. Nature has taken it over. The cost to prepare the course & lack of facilities would make it unworkable. What BBC presented yesterday was both footgolf and golf coexisting and the sports reporter, Mike Bushell, made a good case for that.

Was esurijohn kidding re a CE foot golf team and injuries? I haven't heard of any CE footgolf team in CE but would give it a go if so. Us over 50's injure easier, but this looks less threatening than many more active or impact-type sports.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; May 9th 2016 at 5:24 am.
Old May 9th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I don't think it would work on golf2. Nature has taken it over. The cost to prepare the course & lack of facilities would make it unworkable. What BBC presented yesterday was both footgolf and golf coexisting and the sports reporter, Mike Bushell, made a good case for that.

Was esurijohn kidding re a CE foot golf team and injuries? I haven't heard of any CE footgolf team in CE but would give it a go if so. Us over 50's injure easier, but this looks less threatening than many more active or impact-type sports.

Jon
Hi Jon, there was a 'match' a while ago as a few of our friends took part. I'm afraid I can't comment further on the subject as, you must remember, I am married to a golfer who wouldn't entertain the thought of sharing the course and also hates Mike Bushell with a passion 😱. Regards Bryony
Old May 9th 2016, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Jon
There is also walking football for the over50s played in the Algarve. Maybe the chance of injury would be higher though. Blown pacemakers etc
Old May 9th 2016, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
There is also walking football for the over50s played in the Algarve. Maybe the chance of injury would be higher though. Blown pacemakers etc
I said the injuries occurred at the over 50s football it was all too serious. The footgolf strained muscles that had not be used for a loooong time.
Old May 9th 2016, 9:20 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, there was a 'match' a while ago as a few of our friends took part. I'm afraid I can't comment further on the subject as, you must remember, I am married to a golfer who wouldn't entertain the thought of sharing the course and also hates Mike Bushell with a passion 😱. Regards Bryony
What a shame I missed it, when you are over next and hubby is playing golf away (and cant see us play), or if anyone reading this is planning a rematch, please count me in on a footgolf team.

Not hearing a lot of support though to make this more of a regular occurrence. Anyway it was just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback.....

Jon
Old May 9th 2016, 9:24 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I said the injuries occurred at the over 50s football it was all too serious. The footgolf strained muscles that had not be used for a loooong time.
Maybe we should create Darts-golf! Even though well over 50 we have good arm muscles from 'eating-muscles' eg sawing away at steak-on-the stone.... and beer-drinking arms as well! I try and switch beer-arms to keep both sides equal

So with darts golf we wont stretch those unused muscles that were strained in the footy!

Jon
Old May 9th 2016, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe we should create Darts-golf! Even though well over 50 we have good arm muscles from 'eating-muscles' eg sawing away at steak-on-the stone.... and beer-drinking arms as well! I try and switch beer-arms to keep both sides equal

So with darts golf we wont stretch those unused muscles that were strained in the footy!

Jon
Jon, there is also disc golf. Again, not sure 'real' golfers would share as, amongst other things, it would ruin all the hard work that the green keepers do. Forgot to say that the match that the Esuri players were in was, as John mentioned, in Portugal not on Esuri GC.
Old May 10th 2016, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame I missed it, when you are over next and hubby is playing golf away (and cant see us play), or if anyone reading this is planning a rematch, please count me in on a footgolf team.

Not hearing a lot of support though to make this more of a regular occurrence. Anyway it was just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback.....

Jon
Hi Jon. Any chance you could send over a donation of perhaps 50€
It would go towards the golf club digging the holes.??
Old Jul 12th 2016, 6:54 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Jon, there was a 'match' a while ago as a few of our friends took part. I'm afraid I can't comment further on the subject as, you must remember, I am married to a golfer who wouldn't entertain the thought of sharing the course and also hates Mike Bushell with a passion � ����. Regards Bryony
I remembered this post, and Ive been putting up with Naga Manchetti (sp) for ages on BBC Breakfast, and always cringing when she talks over people, asks some stupid questions, and makes pithy comments... and fails to be funny... and that squeaky voice... and that attempt every time she introduces the weather to be funny.... the list goes on.

So I have to put her on my list of 'hated' presenters!

Sorry off topic, but Ive had enough of her! Sooner she goes the better (IMO)!

Probably get flamed now by her fans! But got it off my chest.

Jon
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

I remembered this post, and Ive been putting up with Naga Manchetti (sp) for ages on BBC Breakfast, and always cringing when she talks over people, asks some stupid questions, and makes pithy comments... and fails to be funny... and that squeaky voice... and that attempt every time she introduces the weather to be funny.... the list goes on.

So I have to put her on my list of 'hated' presenters!

Sorry off topic, but Ive had enough of her! Sooner she goes the better (IMO)!

Probably get flamed now by her fans! But got it off my chest.

Jon
Hi Jon, hope you feel better now that you have got that off your chest 😉 now prepare to be flamed 🔥🔥

I'm sorry to say that we love Naga (Mike especially likes her as she is a very good golfer) and would much prefer her to Louis Minchin. We also don't like Charlie Stayt but like Dan.

Totally off topic, omg, what about Teresa May?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.