Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Food & Drink etc: Delivered to your door

Food & Drink etc: Delivered to your door

Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

daveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant future
Default Food & Drink etc: Delivered to your door

I am not sure if this is new service or not?
Mercadona's Supermarkets will deliver to your door as long as you live within 10km of a Store.
There is a little charge of 7 euros for delivery , but the service is fantastic and worth every penny.

Last edited by daveyboy_daveboy; Dec 7th 2005 at 10:18 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food & Drink etc: Delivered to your door

Originally Posted by daveyboy_daveboy
I am not sure if this is new service or not?
Mercadona's Supermarkets will deliver to your door as long as you live within 10km of a Store.
There is a little charge of 7 euros for delivery , but the service is fantastic and worth every penny.
Yes, Davey-Boy, great store...and you can order on line too.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Mercadona is very good. As I like to do my shopping personally, I go there and fill up the trolley and put the frozen/fresh foods in the special bags provided. Sometimes I can get it delivered that day and sometimes its the next.

Reparto a Domicilio - Home Delivery. YOu need to give the person at the cash desk your address and either your passport number or nie.

So once registered..
You do your shopping.
Go to check out and leave everything in the trolley
Say its for "Reparto a Domicilio" they will ask for your passport number or NIE
Then will give you a choice of times...in 2 hour slots
THen you will be asked if you want to pay by card or cash...tarjeta o effectivo.
Then you will be given a receipt and pay the person (if using cash) when your shopping is delivered.
They will put it right in your kitchen.

This service is i think 4.71 euros. On the receipt is says do not tip!

HOpe this helps anyone whose spanish isnt very good. Sometimes these things can be quite daunting.
Old Dec 9th 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

I think El Corte Ingles do a similar service, particularly in the centre of Madrid, where you often see piled trolleys hanging around pre/post processing and they also do on-line shopping.

We've been getting online Carrefour shopping delivered for a few years now, as well as frozen goods from a German-owned outfit called Eismann.

cheers,
coralsoft

Originally Posted by j0197
Mercadona is very good. As I like to do my shopping personally, I go there and fill up the trolley and put the frozen/fresh foods in the special bags provided. Sometimes I can get it delivered that day and sometimes its the next.

Reparto a Domicilio - Home Delivery. YOu need to give the person at the cash desk your address and either your passport number or nie.

So once registered..
You do your shopping.
Go to check out and leave everything in the trolley
Say its for "Reparto a Domicilio" they will ask for your passport number or NIE
Then will give you a choice of times...in 2 hour slots
THen you will be asked if you want to pay by card or cash...tarjeta o effectivo.
Then you will be given a receipt and pay the person (if using cash) when your shopping is delivered.
They will put it right in your kitchen.

This service is i think 4.71 euros. On the receipt is says do not tip!

HOpe this helps anyone whose spanish isnt very good. Sometimes these things can be quite daunting.