Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Focus on Monte Francisco (MF)

Focus on Monte Francisco (MF)

Old Aug 11th 2013, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Focus on Monte Francisco (MF)

Originally Posted by olivia
Great thanks I will store that. We have tried to find his new location and failed.
I am hopeless with the satnav and GPS I always use points of interest so for you I logged onto Google earth and put a pin in Luis's front door and that gives you the co ords however I don't know if you can see my pins but you can have a look at Monte Fransisco on google earth and I think if you scroll over you will find the co ords of LUPI opposite the Villa with the big pool in the back garden. How I wish out of the back gate across the street and in the front door.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Focus on Monte Francisco (MF)

Hi, Mike and I have just enjoyed a fab meal of roast lamb at Luis' and met a very nice couple (also having lamb) who live in Alicante. They are on their way to Albufeira and have read the numerous recommendations for his restaurant so decided to give it a go. They were not disappointed, regards Bryony
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 7:44 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, Mike and I have just enjoyed a fab meal of roast lamb at Luis' and met a very nice couple (also having lamb) who live in Alicante. They are on their way to Albufeira and have read the numerous recommendations for his restaurant so decided to give it a go. They were not disappointed, regards Bryony
His roast lamb is fantastic. Its not always on the menu, but if you give Luis 48 hours notice - he will cook it specially for you. We did that with friends before

We also had one of the best roast chicken's ever at his place.

His Dorada is very good too...

Jon
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

On our way to Esuri soon so must give Luis's a go.Have been trying to track it down but have always been unsure if we have the right place .
Got directions now so its a definate visit on the cards.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 7:58 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toots sweet
On our way to Esuri soon so must give Luis's a go.Have been trying to track it down but have always been unsure if we have the right place .
Got directions now so its a definate visit on the cards.
Well worth a visit. The lunch menu at 8 Eur all inclusive, 3 courses with a drink... for that price it is 'good honest home-cooked food'... but you wont get the roast lamb then for example. We go there for lunch at least once a week.

The 'specials' as mentioned are served a la carte and also can be ordered.

The other stand-out lunch price/quality all-in resto is O tapas in Monte Gordo. 10 Eur all-in. Im not good at searching but I have posted on this in the past, including a web link and map... as I have for Luis as well.

Check out the 'restaurants' thread ... LOTS of other recommendations in the area too...

Anyone know if Luis has finished his terraces and done the major change of the interior he planned yet? And if so is it a good change, please?

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Sep 24th 2013 at 8:29 am.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Well worth a visit. The lunch menu at 8 Eur all inclusive, 3 courses with a drink... for that price it is 'good honest home-cooked food'... but you wont get the roast lamb then for example. We go there for lunch at least once a week.

The 'specials' as mentioned are served a la carte and also can be ordered.

The other stand-out lunch price/quality all-in resto is O tapas in Monte Gordo. 10 Eur all-in. Im not good at searching but I have posted on this in the past, including a web link and map... as I have for Luis as well.

Check out the 'restaurants' thread ... LOTS of other recommendations in the area too...

Anyone know if Luis has finished his terraces and done the major change of the interior he planned yet? And if so is it a good change, please?

Jon
Hi Jon

the outside is decked with a path to the front door down the middle. There are about four x 4 seater tables each side with spotlights on the path edges. Very smart indeed. However beware sunset when the mozzies come out to eat!! There was no zapper in use last month. Inside has had a fresh lick of paint and all evidence of football memorabilia has gone. No longer a cafe more a restaurant without a change in prices. The board on the roadside used to announce "Excellent food but crap service" this too has gone but Luis reminds everyone of the phrase constantly. We never miss a trip without a visit to Restaurant Lupi.

Last edited by Graham G; Sep 27th 2013 at 9:55 am.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, just to let you know that Luis is closed at the moment (refurb) and is hoping to open again on Wednesday (2nd Oct)
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:00 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
The lamb was brilliant and Luis is hilarious. Bryony it was good to meet you and Mike but I only found your PM after we returned home from Albufeira. I have replied, albeit very belatedly.

Regards
Jill