Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flying over Costa Esuri

Flying over Costa Esuri

Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all
Default Flying over Costa Esuri

I am a low hours PPL (Private Pilot License), who spends some time at my Apartment on Costa Esuri. On my last two trips, I have hired an aircraft from Portimao, once with an Instructor, and last time by myself. I flew along the Algarve, just over the border into Spain, and then back again. I will be at Costa Esuri from 7th to 21st August, and hope to hire the aircraft again, perhaps for a flight to La Juliana (just outside Seville)for a landing, and back this time. If anyone is interested in joining me, drop me a PM.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flying over Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by BobD
I am a low hours PPL (Private Pilot License), who spends some time at my Apartment on Costa Esuri. On my last two trips, I have hired an aircraft from Portimao, once with an Instructor, and last time by myself. I flew along the Algarve, just over the border into Spain, and then back again. I will be at Costa Esuri from 7th to 21st August, and hope to hire the aircraft again, perhaps for a flight to La Juliana (just outside Seville)for a landing, and back this time. If anyone is interested in joining me, drop me a PM.
Bob would loved to have joined you. Have done this sort of thing before out of Birmingham airport over to the Welsh border and back not a pilot myself though. Would have happily shared the cost as long as I could take my camara. Do use up an SD card on shots of Esuri from the air last ones we had were from Michael H many moons ago and much has changed since then.

Odd though Google has not up-dated maps or Earth since about 2005 (we did once see their street view camara car up by the shop but nothing has appeared) and more recent coverage does exist since one of the Cadastral images has the foundations for mi casa on it. I would love to compare recent photos with the old ones. Just not available that week and Kath would be too timid to fly single engine even with a parachute! If you go to Sevilla have a look at the aerodrome just north of the motorway at Gibraleon which might have been upgraded to be nearest international airport for CE if the credit crunch had not put paid to the Province idea to have its own airport (the only Province in Spain not to have one). Have a good break and get some golf in John.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flying over Costa Esuri

Yo Bob'll, 2 questions 1. whats your hand luggage limit & 2. what are your charges if you're over the limit cos I do like to hit the shops in Seville. See you and Carole soon, regards Bryony
Old Jul 20th 2011, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

John - Out again in October hopefully - maybe we can get a flight in then.

Bryony - don't you think if there was a chance of shopping, Carole would be first in the queue

Regards to All
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

John - Out again in October hopefully - maybe we can get a flight in then.

Bryony - don't you think if there was a chance of shopping, Carole would be first in the queue

Regards to All
Doh
Old Jul 31st 2011, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Bob would loved to have joined you. Have done this sort of thing before out of Birmingham airport over to the Welsh border and back not a pilot myself though. Would have happily shared the cost as long as I could take my camara. Do use up an SD card on shots of Esuri from the air last ones we had were from Michael H many moons ago and much has changed since then.
Shame you will be away next week John; you are the only one who has shown any interest in joining me, so it looks like a solo flight again over Esuri.

This does rather limit my photo taking opportunities!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:06 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Shame you will be away next week John; you are the only one who has shown any interest in joining me, so it looks like a solo flight again over Esuri.

This does rather limit my photo taking opportunities!
Hi Bob

Please let us know the next time you are at CE and prepared to fly, if our paths cross, I'd love to join you.....

Have fun

Jon
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flying over Costa Esuri

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Bob

Please let us know the next time you are at CE and prepared to fly, if our paths cross, I'd love to join you.....

Have fun

Jon
Hey I'm first in the queue!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Odd though Google has not up-dated maps or Earth since about 2005 (we did once see their street view camara car up by the shop but nothing has appeared)

the street view has been on google maps for a while now
Old Aug 4th 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Bob

Have fun

Jon
Hi Jon,

Apart from the next two weeks, I should be out again the last week in October, and you would be welcome to fly with me. Perhaps I will hire a four seater, and you and John can both come flying !
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

I will be at Costa Esuri for another week from 24th October, and plan to go flying again from Portimao. Either a trip along the Algarve, or maybe up the West Coast of Portugal this time. If anyone is interested in joining me, please send me a PM.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I will be at Costa Esuri for another week from 24th October, and plan to go flying again from Portimao. Either a trip along the Algarve, or maybe up the West Coast of Portugal this time. If anyone is interested in joining me, please send me a PM.

Hi Bob, keep an eye on the weather, rain forecast Sat, Sun, Mon maybe Tues. See you soon, Mike & Bryony
Old Mar 8th 2012, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

I will be at Costa Esuri for the first two weeks in April, and plan to go flying again from Portimao. If anyone is interested in joining me, please send me a PM.