Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

In-flight medical emergency

In-flight medical emergency

Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default In-flight medical emergency

On top of all else going on in my life at the moment, I discovered this morning that it IS possible to 'speed up' a flight.... about 1h N of Malaga, the EZY pilot tannoyed was there a nurse, doctor or paramedic on the plane.... ok - to paraphrase - it turned out from earwigging that the woman who was unwell wasn't toooooo.... bad but nonetheless to anyone who has flown into Malaga before the flight pretty soon obviously took on a 'speeded up' sensation... descent started sooner than expected, speed didn't really reduce, landing was pretty darned fast, taxiing was more a rush job than a gently gently, and approaching the air bridge the flight deck tannoy again went, telling us to stay put cos paramedics were coming on board and besides not to worry - we were 30 minutes ahead of schedule!!!!!!!!! Doctor, paramedics, etc., duly boarded and within a minute or less we were disembarked.
Pity those picking us regulars up don't have their phones switched on

(Not taking the mick, I do believe the lady wasn't as bad as initially believed but I guess they have to take all precautions)
Old Jul 28th 2011, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In-flight medical emergency

Originally Posted by fionamw
On top of all else going on in my life at the moment, I discovered this morning that it IS possible to 'speed up' a flight.... about 1h N of Malaga, the EZY pilot tannoyed was there a nurse, doctor or paramedic on the plane.... ok - to paraphrase - it turned out from earwigging that the woman who was unwell wasn't toooooo.... bad but nonetheless to anyone who has flown into Malaga before the flight pretty soon obviously took on a 'speeded up' sensation... descent started sooner than expected, speed didn't really reduce, landing was pretty darned fast, taxiing was more a rush job than a gently gently, and approaching the air bridge the flight deck tannoy again went, telling us to stay put cos paramedics were coming on board and besides not to worry - we were 30 minutes ahead of schedule!!!!!!!!! Doctor, paramedics, etc., duly boarded and within a minute or less we were disembarked.
Pity those picking us regulars up don't have their phones switched on

(Not taking the mick, I do believe the lady wasn't as bad as initially believed but I guess they have to take all precautions)
I wonder if that's the flight that came very fast and low and took a shortcut right over the top of our house?
The usual approach into Malaga is along the line of the hills at the back of us...then a sharp left turn at Alora on it's way down the valley before landing.
We did think it was strange at the time that he took the line he did... and that he seemed in a great hurry!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:38 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
I wonder if that's the flight that came very fast and low and took a shortcut right over the top of our house?
The usual approach into Malaga is along the line of the hills at the back of us...then a sharp left turn at Alora on it's way down the valley before landing.
We did think it was strange at the time that he took the line he did... and that he seemed in a great hurry!
Even stranger perhaps, if "She" was driving, LoL

Last edited by anonimouse; Jul 29th 2011 at 5:44 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, this was Sunday's first EZY from LGW, due AGP 0930 local, but reached the stand at 0905 despite leaving late!! .... oh, and it was a man at the wheel however there was a member of cabin crew - presumably on some kind of extra training - in the jumpseat also in the flight deck. First time I've seen that so maybe they sped up to impress her & nothing to do with the poor woman unwell behind them. Men and their vehicles, eh
Old Jul 29th 2011, 6:58 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, this was Sunday's first EZY from LGW, due AGP 0930 local, but reached the stand at 0905 despite leaving late!! .... oh, and it was a man at the wheel however there was a member of cabin crew - presumably on some kind of extra training - in the jumpseat also in the flight deck. First time I've seen that so maybe they sped up to impress her & nothing to do with the poor woman unwell behind them. Men and their vehicles, eh
extra speed = extra fuel = extra cost, irrespective of whose foot is on the pedal
travelling down the slot at a different speed will alter the perspective with regard to others up there, ahead and to some small extent coming behind.
coming in on a different landing pattern may mean others who are in the slot ahead may have to go back to holding pattern until the emergency is over.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Domino
extra speed = extra fuel = extra cost, irrespective of whose foot is on the pedal
travelling down the slot at a different speed will alter the perspective with regard to others up there, ahead and to some small extent coming behind.
coming in on a different landing pattern may mean others who are in the slot ahead may have to go back to holding pattern until the emergency is over.
Yes I realise that. Sorry. Light hearted moment gone wrong!
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:15 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I realise that. Sorry. Light hearted moment gone wrong!
Calm Down Dear !
oops
no don't worry about sexist comments I can give as good

but it is nice to know that they can - and more importantly - do respond when they need to
and you are doing a good job as ambassador for EZY
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Even stranger perhaps, if "She" was driving, LoL
"She" might be able to fly it OK but I bet "He's" got to park it for her...
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

got to say it quietly or the RYR fans will crawl out, but frankly anything other than support Mr O'Leary..........
and as to Jim'to......... I can park my 4x4 pickup in a smaller space than many a man can bung their Peugeot 307............

anyway, back to the plot......
Old Jul 29th 2011, 8:46 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
"She" might be able to fly it OK but I bet "He's" got to park it for her...
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:05 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Aircraft can usually fly about 40kts faster than their economy cruising speed but will obviously use more fuel.

In terms of arriving early, if an aircraft gets into a strong favourable jetstream (high altitude winds) it can make a huge difference to the flight time.

These winds are typically 100mph or even higher - 200mph is possible.