Flight delays

Old Aug 24th 2014, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

chrislodge2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flight delays

Hi everyone, new to the forum

Just wondered if anyone could give me some advice about what to do after a flight delay. My flight back from the UK last month was delayed by over 5 hours and I've been told that I can claim compensation.

I imagine that I'd have to speak with the CAA, or at least the Spanish equivalent. Has anyone done this successfully? I've also heard about a company that manages your claim for you - www.refund.me/en/ - but I'm unsure as to whether it's totally legit.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 25th 2014, 3:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight delays

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 25th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, Rosemary!
Old Aug 25th 2014, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flight delays

Originally Posted by chrislodge2
Thank you, Rosemary!
This looks like SPAM to to advertise a particular company which has popped up to take advantage of the gullible. Who would think of contacting the CAA august body that it is you would just contact your airline and quote the relevant EU reg. And you can go back six years with that!
Old Aug 25th 2014, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Info on claiming here, at the very end of info is a link re how to make claim. Flight Delay Compensation: Get up to £500 per person - Money Saving Expert
Old Aug 25th 2014, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Great, thank you! Having seen it all prepared for you it appears far more straightforward than I first thought.

And, as an airline regulator, I don't think that the CAA was such a silly idea...