Reload this Page >

Flat packed kitchens & cheap bathroom

Flat packed kitchens & cheap bathroom

Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

travelalot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flat packed kitchens & cheap bathroom

Hi

Please can we ask for help once again. Found a builder ect now need cheap kitchen and bathrooms.

Our house is near Jaen and I am told I will have to have a made to measure kitchen by our estate agent. This is a bit expensive for a holiday home. Can I buy flat pack from Leroy Merlin and would Malaga be the nearest? Granada Jaen and Cordoba would be nearer if they have stores? Any other suggestions.

We want to install 2 shower rooms and again only require basic shower cubicle and toilet/sink. Our estate agent took us to upmarket bathroom shops and we do not require top quality steam showers ect!

Final question is 8.50 euro meter square a good price for terracotta indoor tile?

We are struggling with time costing everything, this weekend we were hampered by snow in Martos and Jaen. Not returning for a few weeks

Originally I assumed everything would be bought for the house in one trip and the builder would complete everything for May. Reality is kicking in and maybe if I am lucky it might be May 08!!

Still, the house will be habitable once we have electric so I can not complain

Is a phone line expensive to have connected and monthly charge, our mobile does not pick up at out house but works 3 doors lower down?

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:16 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flat packed kitchens & cheap bathroom

Originally Posted by travelalot
Hi

Please can we ask for help once again. Found a builder ect now need cheap kitchen and bathrooms.

Our house is near Jaen and I am told I will have to have a made to measure kitchen by our estate agent. This is a bit expensive for a holiday home. Can I buy flat pack from Leroy Merlin and would Malaga be the nearest? Granada Jaen and Cordoba would be nearer if they have stores? Any other suggestions.

We want to install 2 shower rooms and again only require basic shower cubicle and toilet/sink. Our estate agent took us to upmarket bathroom shops and we do not require top quality steam showers ect!

Final question is 8.50 euro meter square a good price for terracotta indoor tile?

We are struggling with time costing everything, this weekend we were hampered by snow in Martos and Jaen. Not returning for a few weeks

Originally I assumed everything would be bought for the house in one trip and the builder would complete everything for May. Reality is kicking in and maybe if I am lucky it might be May 08!!

Is a phone line expensive to have connected and monthly charge, our mobile does not pick up at out house but works 3 doors lower down?

Thanks
Right flat pack kitchens are for sale in the Diy stores and so are the showers
We are doing that now
Ok
Toilets white complete 36 euros
shower cubicles the whole thing 249 euros
floor tiles 4.95 euros
whole basic kitchens in one less the 600 euros with electrical goods
most builders merchants by us also sell kitchens, all different prices
any other questions ask as we have the lot all electrics and water and roofs and walls and floors. so we have a good idea how much it all costs
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:18 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Incredibly, it seems that Malaga is your nearest as the webpage shows nothing between Madrid and Seville or Malaga.

There must be some sort of equivalent store, especially in Cordoba. Ask around in Jaen to find where the locals go. Alternatively you could do you Leroy Merlin shopping online.

Phone line not expensive - various deals around but stick with Telefonica. Love them or hate them (and it's ususally the latter for me) they have the monopoly here as all the lines are owned by them. You should get broadband for around 40 € a month, but they do offer a holiday home rate where they turn your line on when you're there and turn it off when you're not.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Gadget is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks

Hi just thought I would say hello. I am from Halifax - now living close to Alicante and my sister has jut bought in Huetor Vega, near Granada, and is going through the same process as you i.e. Kitchens etc.

Cheers

Paul Throp
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
You should get broadband for around 40 € a month, but they do offer a holiday home rate where they turn your line on when you're there and turn it off when you're not.
I thought that only applied if you had a permanent line somewhere else.

Is that not the case? If not it sounds a good deal for those who only spend a few months here.

Do you have the details?
Old Feb 1st 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

travelalot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul, if your sister finds a kitchen place please let me know only 1 hour from Granada. I too will do the same but not returning for a few weeks. Cheers

I looked at telefonica for the deal on broadband but could not see anything. Tried to ring a few times but no luck as busy.

Hope we can find such a good deal our son will be delighted. 40 euros is too much for a holiday home that will not be let out.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Gadget is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul, if your sister finds a kitchen place please let me know only 1 hour from Granada. I too will do the same but not returning for a few weeks. Cheers

I looked at telefonica for the deal on broadband but could not see anything. Tried to ring a few times but no luck as busy.

Hope we can find such a good deal our son will be delighted. 40 euros is too much for a holiday home that will not be let out.
Hi,

will do, as I am meeting her there around 19/2 to help her choose and to translate for her.

Which part of Halifax are you from? We are originally from Southowram and latterly from Ripponden

Cheers

Gadget
Old Feb 1st 2007, 3:39 am
Just Joined

tbeanes is on a distinguished road

Hi

Thanks
Hi with which mobile phone company are you?
I am with movistar and so far it has given me coverage where others sometimes had none at all.
Saludos T
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

We bough a new build in Chiclana and of course it came without without lights or kitchen. We had a week to go after buying and could have had a kitchen put in but would not much time to think about it.

So we opted to buy at IKEA in Seville. Best about this is that we bought the base units one trip out and installed them. Next trip out we bought appliances and moved the units around as we had thought up a better design.

Next out trip we were going to put the wall units in but for two months manana ruled and we left it till the next trip. The point of this is that we bought what we needed as we got round to installing and the units available in IKEA remained the same design and if at some time in the future we want to remodel, the carcases stay the same and we just buy new fronts.

As an aside we found the cost of some items, same in IKEA Spain as in IKEA UK, worked out to equal Euro Pound. example extractor fan £107 UK in Seville €107.

Jim
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Mananaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
We bough a new build in Chiclana and of course it came without without lights or kitchen. We had a week to go after buying and could have had a kitchen put in but would not much time to think about it.

So we opted to buy at IKEA in Seville. Best about this is that we bought the base units one trip out and installed them. Next trip out we bought appliances and moved the units around as we had thought up a better design.

Next out trip we were going to put the wall units in but for two months manana ruled and we left it till the next trip. The point of this is that we bought what we needed as we got round to installing and the units available in IKEA remained the same design and if at some time in the future we want to remodel, the carcases stay the same and we just buy new fronts.

As an aside we found the cost of some items, same in IKEA Spain as in IKEA UK, worked out to equal Euro Pound. example extractor fan £107 UK in Seville €107.

Jim

Cheers Jim,

I will be looking for kitchen units in the Autumn and having been to Ikea in Seville, will also buy there. As you say the units remain the same style and you can buy doors separately. My only problem will be transportation but will deal with that nearer the time.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Hi to all,

I'm sure I remember someone saying that the Ikea presently going up in Malaga will be finished by August. I know some feel that Ikea is a bit passe, however I am a great fan, however sad that might be.

I was taken round some rather up market establishments, which required more of an outlay than I was prepared for at this stage. I will be heading for the cheap and cheerful megastores to start with, just to get myself up and running as soon as possible.

Brenda.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flat packed kitchens & cheap bathroom

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
You should get broadband for around 40 € a month, but they do offer a holiday home rate where they turn your line on when you're there and turn it off when you're not.
Hi Fortaleza,

This sounds very interesting. I have found something similar with a satellite broadband provider where you can switch on only when you occupy but it is expensive.

I did not know that telefonica would do it with your land line and can it include broadband. Do you have to have a fulltime line elsewhere in Spain as someone suggests?

Do you know if they have details of this option on the web and is there an English translation?

Regards,

John.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

ChrisandFrank is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

We are in similar position to Travelot re: the kitchen as we will need to install one in our new house. (see Albondon) had been told by the Boss that we were getting tradesmen in but seems that similar problems over there as over here. (Waited months for plumber over here and landed up doing the job myself)

I had thought about IKEA as presumably items are the same in Spain as over here so you can do your groundwork in the UK and not waste valuable time if you are limited when in Spain. Also - some of their furniture seems pretty good value - anyone got any idea how it compares to other suppliers.

Interesting you mention Leroy Merlin - came across them by chance when over last year and was impressed by the layout and products. Anyone got any comments on quality and costs re say IKEA

Coming out in July when hopefully the house will be ours so hope so sort some of this stuff when we are there.