Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

operating licence for trucks

operating licence for trucks

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

missywoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default operating licence for trucks

Hi all can anyone help?????????????????????
We live in chiclana (Cadiz) And have a transport firm, we are based in the UK at the moment and would like to open an office in spain,"BUT" we have one problem we need an opps licence to operate trucks. I could tell you the X Y Z of how to go about applying for one in the UK but spain is much different and we have been trying now for 2 months and noone whats to know. If any one could give us any information we would be very grateful.

Regards
Lisa
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:44 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: operating licence for trucks

Originally Posted by missywoman
Hi all can anyone help?????????????????????
We live in chiclana (Cadiz) And have a transport firm, we are based in the UK at the moment and would like to open an office in spain,"BUT" we have one problem we need an opps licence to operate trucks. I could tell you the X Y Z of how to go about applying for one in the UK but spain is much different and we have been trying now for 2 months and noone whats to know. If any one could give us any information we would be very grateful.

Regards
Lisa
Are you intending to take your fleet of trucks abroad and base your business abroad,or do you intend just opening a foward freight office,I believe from what Iv read has you are aware,to operate from the uk you need the national/international o licence,but if you are bringing in Foreign vehicles entering the UK from other EU countries that have valid Community Authorisations do not need to have an operator license, nor do vehicles from other non-EU countries that have bilateral arrangements with this country.So I should imangine that you would need to go through the various channels of starting a business in Spain,I think I would employ a lawyer,because if you intend employing people in Spain it gets very complex.If on the other end you are going to go international ,working from uk,Im not sure these days but you used to need a green card,and your o licence.