Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Five has changed frequencies today - you may need this information

Five has changed frequencies today - you may need this information

Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:23 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Five has changed frequencies today - you may need this information

Channels FIVE and its sister channels are in the process of changing their frequencies today. At the moment they channels are available on BOTH old and new frequencies.

This is becasuse the satellite operator needs to move the satellite FIVE was on to sort out some issues at another location.

So if you have a darkbox or other generic receiver you will need to rescan....see you instruction manual that should have been left for you by your installer.

You can do it yourself by and save your self a call out fee by rescanning the following frequency settings.

Frequency 12422
Polarisation H
FEC 2/3
SR 27.5

This new frequency is on Astra 2As SOUTH beam..so reception should not really be affected.

If you have a Sky box then not to worry as your Sky box will have SELF UPDATED.
Freesat is not affected - your Freesat five is not affected at all.

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 13th 2009 at 6:49 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Five has changed frequencies today - you may need this information

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
Channels FIVE and its sister channels are in the process of changing their frequencies today. At the moment they channels are available on BOTH old and new frequencies.

This is becasuse the satellite operator needs to move the satellite FIVE was on to sort out some issues at another location.

So if you have a darkbox or other generic receiver you will need to rescan....see you instruction manual that should have been left for you by your installer.

You can do it yourself by and save your self a call out fee by rescanning the following frequency settings.

Frequency 12422
Polarisation H
FEC 2/3
SR 27.5

This new frequency is on Astra 2As SOUTH beam..so reception should not really be affected.

If you have a Sky box then not to worry as your Sky box will have SELF UPDATED.
Freesat is not affected - your Freesat five is not affected at all.
You seem knowledgable on tv ,Can you tell me why I rarely get Sky sports news or extra (poss about 1 hour per day)I live in Hondon area of Alicante yet all other sky channels are fine ,Itv fades out around 11pm also. Ta
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:54 am

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
You seem knowledgable on tv
thanks
Can you tell me why I rarely get Sky sports news or extra (poss about 1 hour per day)I live in Hondon area of Alicante yet all other sky channels are fine ,Itv fades out around 11pm also. Ta
yes. there ar various satelliytes with various signal beams, so not all channels signal strengths are the same. hence why you can get some channels easily on an 80cm dish and others need a biggie.

SSN and Xtra (and Sky Three and Hallmark and Eurosport 2 and the & day EPG and about 30 others) are on a NORTH beam, which is stricky to get during the afternoons, when this particular beam is weakest in spain.

it can also be affected by the reciver you are using (some are better than others at receiving these north beam signals)

it can also mean that your LNB may not be aligned properly...the lnb skew (rotation angle) is VERY critical for reception of the north beams.

similarly, the signal that the main bbc and ITVs are on is weaker at night.

if you have a sky card you can get "other itvs and C4's" that tend to be weaker in the afternoon but stronger at night when the normal channel go off.

This link will tell you more and show you how to add them to a Sky box.

Additional Extra Sky Freesat Frequencies Transponders Costa Blanca Spain
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
thanks

yes. there ar various satelliytes with various signal beams, so not all channels signal strengths are the same. hence why you can get some channels easily on an 80cm dish and others need a biggie.

SSN and Xtra (and Sky Three and Hallmark and Eurosport 2 and the & day EPG and about 30 others) are on a NORTH beam, which is stricky to get during the afternoons, when this particular beam is weakest in spain.

it can also be affected by the reciver you are using (some are better than others at receiving these north beam signals)

it can also mean that your LNB may not be aligned properly...the lnb skew (rotation angle) is VERY critical for reception of the north beams.

similarly, the signal that the main bbc and ITVs are on is weaker at night.

if you have a sky card you can get "other itvs and C4's" that tend to be weaker in the afternoon but stronger at night when the normal channel go off.

This link will tell you more and show you how to add them to a Sky box.

Additional Extra Sky Freesat Frequencies Transponders Costa Blanca Spain
Very useful info ,thank you very much
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:31 pm

UPDATE:

Given the amount of calls i have been getting, it appears that FIVE has changed its frequency setting, but not all sky receivers have been updated with the new frequencies. Many people are getting "No Signal Being Recieved" when trying to view Fives channels.

It appears that some people using smaller dishes that cannot get the data that updates the frequencies, probably as they cannot get the data stream on 11778, which carries all the requried data on frequencies.

This should be able to be resolved by unplugging the box from the power, and reinserting the plug, and rebooting the receiver - note you may have to go through the default transponder frequency process to boot your box up, but hopefully this will update the FIVE frequencies in the box.

So much for auto updating the freqencies - although this has worked ok on all of my sky boxes and on the ones on my small dish also.

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 26th 2009 at 5:58 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:56 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Given the amount of calls i had about 275 foot in the ******* sky .... Who,s the ******* bright spark that change it again , well if i fine you i "" i go couple rounds ... and wount be around a running track ....
now time for the

where the stars are , the word i am looking for would what fr jack would say in program off "FR TED "

I will have a pint of what your on.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Mar 27th 2009 at 12:54 am.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:53 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Just a quick note the excellent series Dirty Sexy Money which was shown on Channel 4 last year is now back with a brand new series at 11pm on Sunday but showing on E4.

Just as a footnote some of you Aficionados who follow the show may wonder what the red thread worn around the button hole of Donald Sutherlands suits is all about,Well He plays in the series a former American ambassador to France and the red thread is an indication that he was awarded the Legion Of Honor for services to France whilst so employed.All fiction of course but hey I bet at least one person was curious ohhhh yea it was I

http://www.e4.com/dirtysexymoney/about.html

Last edited by poshnbucks; Mar 27th 2009 at 1:53 am.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

hola.

Got me a new sky box today, it doesn't seem to have as many channels, one thats def gone is channel 5, tried the steps above and it found them, i save them but then when i go to tv guide they are not there, can anyone tell me what im doing wrong please.
Thanks x
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:57 pm

104 and 105 (and the sister channels) currently only appear in the sky programme guide if a sky card is inserted into the sky receiver - yes even channel 4 that you dont need a sky card to view - due to a software issue that has not yet been addressed by sky! this card then loads up the channels and the correct BBC1 and ITV1 regions according to the postcode the sky card was regisitered.

you can manually add channels for viewing by services 4,4 and manually inputting the channel 4 and five frequencies. these will then appear in the "other channels" list under the services button.

Channel 4 and Five Frequencies - Manual Add Instructions

note that you will need a sky viewing card to view the channel five on the frequency above...as that is not the free version of FIVE.

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 20th 2009 at 8:06 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:25 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Just whilst this thread is open why not try the best free tv guide out there. click below wowwwww its soooo clever. Sky, Freeview, Freesat etc they are all there. No I have no affiliation just appreciate the ease of use.

http://www.zingzing.co.uk/
Old Apr 21st 2009, 5:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Just whilst this thread is open why not try the best free tv guide out there. click below wowwwww its soooo clever. Sky, Freeview, Freesat etc they are all there. No I have no affiliation just appreciate the ease of use.

http://www.zingzing.co.uk/
That is a clever site, I have cut and pasted it into my favs. ;-))
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Just a quick note the excellent series Dirty Sexy Money which was shown on Channel 4 last year is now back with a brand new series at 11pm on Sunday but showing on E4.

Just as a footnote some of you Aficionados who follow the show may wonder what the red thread worn around the button hole of Donald Sutherlands suits is all about,Well He plays in the series a former American ambassador to France and the red thread is an indication that he was awarded the Legion Of Honor for services to France whilst so employed.All fiction of course but hey I bet at least one person was curious ohhhh yea it was I

http://www.e4.com/dirtysexymoney/about.html
I am a fan and wondered where it had gone to.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant futureMike Cross has a brilliant future

You seem knowledgable on tv ,Can you tell me why I rarely get Sky sports news or extra (poss about 1 hour per day)I live in Hondon area of Alicante yet all other sky channels are fine ,Itv fades out around 11pm also. Ta
Equally as important, can you tell me why my wife puts the Sky remote in a different drawer everyday??
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike Cross
Equally as important, can you tell me why my wife puts the Sky remote in a different drawer everyday??
Get a clip on it and fix it to your belt.