A first for us

Old Sep 9th 2013, 7:59 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default A first for us

We went to the rastro in pedreguer yesterday..
and for the first time in 4 years we saw policia writhing a ticket for a car that was parked partly on a pedestrian crossing .
So wished I had my camera handy might take another 4 years to see it again.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A first for us

I have a friend who would wish they were not writing tickets but they are ! and the new fine rate is ridiculous They seem to be picking on the ridiculous as the fine for the front of the car being slightly over a 'supposed' pavement was a couple of hundred euros.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:06 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't bet on it, they're getting desperate for the money.

We're not all hard of hearing, by the way.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

As a pedestrian who is sick of having to walk into the road because of cars parked on pavements, across dropped kerbs and on pedestrian crossings by selfish and lazy drivers, I am very glad to hear this and fervently hope it will be replicated all across Spain.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there should be a fine for ignorant pedestrians also, blocking doorways/ streets and don't start me on mothers with prams trying to get in a place as you are trying to get out off through the equally ignorant lazy smokers blocking doors.

When there is NO sign off a pavement, no sign saying no parking how is a driver meant to know they cannot park there ? or that someone in their wisdom will declare it pavement ?

Aye money is even tighter now and less in the brown envelopes I guess, so any way they can they will.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I think there should be a fine for ignorant pedestrians also, blocking doorways/ streets and don't start me on mothers with prams trying to get in a place as you are trying to get out off through the equally ignorant lazy smokers blocking doors.

When there is NO sign off a pavement, no sign saying no parking how is a driver meant to know they cannot park there ? or that someone in their wisdom will declare it pavement ?
Why not go further and fine people for using up valuable air by breathing?
As for your comment re' "how is a driver meant to know they cannot park there ? or that someone in their wisdom will declare it pavement", there is something called obstruction and if a car is parked in such a position that a pedestrian cannot walk along without going around a parked car and into the road along which traffic passes then that is sufficient. Whether or not it's a defined or recognizable "pavement" is irrelevant. If it's a just piece of ground adjoining a road and is blocked by a driver, caring little or nothing for the fact that it's only possible to get around the vehicle by walking in the road, then get 'em fined I say!
Finally, if a member of your family walked into the road to get around a parked vehicle and was killed or injured, I'll bet you'd be the first shouting "why didn't the police do something about it?" Would you listen to the driver's 'defence' that "there was no sign"?
Sometimes common sense and courtesy rather than 'a sign' is sufficient.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Aye money is even tighter now and less in the brown envelopes I guess, so any way they can they will.
I´d like to think I´m no different to most people in that if they saw a mother struggling with a pram they´d give her a hand, or at least stand aside to let her enter first. Are you in that much of a rush? As for the rest of your post, what a strange rant, I think you've lost it.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

The road mentioned was a dead end, no defined pavement and not blocking entrance, other cars nor parked in disable space.

My comments re that incident do not include all you mention I am not that stupid thank you.

If I saw a mother struggling with her pram that would be different but trying to get in a narrow doorway when somebody is already half out ? no don't think that makes sense. As for a rant ? nope. Lost it ? nope.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The road mentioned was a dead end, no defined pavement and not blocking entrance, other cars nor parked in disable space.
But it was a 'road' yes?. Along which cars can drive - yes? If cars were present, presumably they had been driven? Dead end or not, you can still get killed/injured by a vehicle when walking along one.
Didn't mean to suggest you are stupid, just commenting upon the theory that pavements have to be defined or obvious 'pavements' before they can be blocked.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

The ultimate annoyance is when, having had to wait for traffic to pass before I step into the road to go around a car parked on the pavement, drivers of any cars which come along whilst I'm in the road then sound their horn at me because they're miffed at being held up! I just point at the offending parked car.

But then again, drivers who can see us walking along a pavement and pull onto the pavement to park directly in front of us are pretty annoying too. They don't seem to take kindly to being told that pavements are for pedestrians, not cars.

Why is it that getting into a tin box on wheels seems to render some people devoid of any consideration for others?

And yes, some pedestrians who stand about blocking pavements are inconsiderate too.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:34 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R

Why is it that getting into a tin box on wheels seems to render some people devoid of any consideration for others?
Never quite figured that one out myself or why they can hang around in bars for hours on end discussing nothing of any importance at all, then the moment they start up in their cars it's like every second lost is a matter of life or death.

........as it turns out to be for some of the unfortunate few who just happen to get in their way.

Whilst they still have a way to go, to be fair, I've seen a huge overall improvement in car drivers attitudes since I first came to Spain, mainly in tourist areas.

In the absence of any other obvious reason, I tend to put it down to them having learnt a little from the more courteous conduct of the many N.European drivers now on Spanish roads.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Never quite figured that one out myself or why they can hang around in bars for hours on end discussing nothing of any importance at all, then the moment they start up in their cars it's like every second lost is a matter of life or death.

........as it turns out to be for some of the unfortunate few who just happen to get in their way.

Whilst they still have a way to go, to be fair, I've seen a huge overall improvement in car drivers attitudes since I first came to Spain, mainly in tourist areas.

In the absence of any other obvious reason, I tend to put it down to them having learnt a little from the more courteous conduct of the many N.European drivers now on Spanish roads.
Are you kidding? I purposely didn't mention the nationality of the drivers because in our experience all nationalities can be equally inconsiderate - we have had several rather heated exchanges with drivers locally who have pulled onto the pavement directly in front of us who have turned out to be British, for example.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:50 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Are you kidding? I purposely didn't mention the nationality of the drivers because in our experience all nationalities can be equally inconsiderate - we have had several rather heated exchanges with drivers locally who have pulled onto the pavement directly in front of us who have turned out to be British, for example.
Well I can only put that down to the type of characters who frequent the area where you live, because that's been far from my experience in recent years and in all honesty I'm quite impressed by the courtesy shown in the area where I live at present.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well I can only put that down to the type of characters who frequent the area where you live, because that's been far from my experience in recent years and in all honesty I'm quite impressed by the courtesy shown in the area where I live at present.
Just forget it, Dick. I've no intention of being goaded by provocative remarks about the area I live in, nor being drawn into some kind of "p*****g contest" as you like to call them about the behaviour of different nationalities.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:04 pm
On the road again.

No intention to goad you at all Lyn, which is why I was careful to refer to those who frequented your area rather than just those just living there and neither did I contradict you regarding the nationalities of those same people who happened to be in your particular area.

I simply gave you an honest appraisal based on my own experiences, so if that offends in any way then I do apologise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.