Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

First trip back to the UK

First trip back to the UK

Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:44 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of
Default Re: First trip back to the UK

B rill to hear from you Andrew, so glad you are getting on with your life and take care and have a safe journey on the way there and back. You will no doubt have the heart wrneched especially when you see Dylan, but you chose your route and I hope it is the right one for you, i am sure you wont lose contact and glad to hear you are back being friendly. I am in Spain now till end of august and it is lovely to see the sun day after day and hardley a cloud in the sky.
Anyway take care, let us all know how you get on.
Luv
Eve
xx
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

JBanyoles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Yes i did, its a model down from the one I had in the UK. But one of the other reasons for going back to England is to get a bit of work done on it hehe!
I wanted a new Seat Leon Cupra. But with moving to spain and everything just couldnt afford it. But heck im in a better place hehe.
be careful with what you get done, i was looking at some stuff for my saxo and my insurance company just said NO without even asking questions, everything you do to you car here seems to load your premiums

anyway good luck with the drive and as everyone has said AVOID paris, ive done the drive up once and decided to go via paris, 4 hours of queues later....

Last edited by JBanyoles; Jul 31st 2007 at 10:35 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew, hope the trip goes ok, did I miss something ??? CanĀ“t see that you have put when you are going,
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I found myself having to make an unexpected visit back to the UK only a month after moving over to Spain on a permanent basis when my father was taken ill. I don't know if that coloured my feelings but although I've never once been homesick for the UK since moving, after only a few days back in England I was terribly homesick for Spain and couldn't wait to get back. Had to repeat the visits often as Dad was in hospital for six months and sadly he died at the beginning of July, so I don't plan to go again for at least another year. As others have said, everything back there seemed so grey and the people so miserable - and how expensive everything is!