Reload this Page >

First steps after lockdown

First steps after lockdown

Old Apr 24th 2020, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

SimonJ22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First steps after lockdown

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
Next steps? How about testing and vaccination for key workers , important people and the politicians of course. Ordinary people kept at home with old and vulnerable people at the back of the queue. They can or are after all staying in. I base that on something our illustrious EU leader said “ she expects the older to be locked down until the end of the year”.

meanwhile Greece thinks it will restart limited tourism in July. Laudable and maybe achievable through a sort of first class society i.e. those with a clean , vaccinated health passport and of course frequent testing e.g. arrive at airport, temp test on embarking and arrival. And vice versa on return.
Given we are a long way from a vaccine I sincerely hope that is not the next step lol
Old Apr 24th 2020, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
old and vulnerable people at the back of the queue. They can or are after all staying in.
I am over 70 my wife is in the vulnerable group.
We cross the frontier into Spain 5 days a week and travel about 30 km
I exercise in Spain because I am not allowed to in Gibraltar ( hopefully that will change in the next week )
Also I shop in Mercadona.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Apr 24th 2020 at 5:58 am. Reason: Corrected distance
Old Apr 24th 2020, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I exercise in Spain because I am not allowed to in Gibraltar ( hopefully that will change in the next week )
Also I shop in Mercadona.
You shouldn't be "excercising" in Spain either shopping doctors Farmicia yes excercis isn't a criteria allowed unless one person excersising a dog. I wish it were if we were allowed solo isolated walk daily I would find this situation much less tedious. The police and Guardia Civi check our village and area and some I know have been told to go home.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, same here, small village in the hills would be easy to stay isolated and walk but.....rules are rules. And the GC are patrolling...

Thank God for the garden and terrace.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
You shouldn't be "excercising" in Spain either shopping doctors Farmicia yes excercis isn't a criteria allowed unless one person excersising a dog. I wish it were if we were allowed solo isolated walk daily I would find this situation much less tedious. The police and Guardia Civi check our village and area and some I know have been told to go home.
The Guardia Civil checked me this morning and apologised for their action.
I am also checked daily by immigration and customs
Plus I have to pass through the road blocks.
I have more hassle leaving Spain than I do entering.
On re-entering Gib I am usually greeted by Hello Fred
Old Apr 24th 2020, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
I agree totally things will just not revert to exactly as they were before all this started. The world has changed and the knock-on effects will be felt for a very long time by us all.

The lockdown ending is just the first step of a very long and probably frustrating road.
I sincerely hope that this crisis will make both people and society in general (governments, businesses, organisations) change for the better. That governments work in harmony with their oppositions and other countries, that businesses take on board a more 'moral' attitude (eg value their workforce, don't go for cheap/slave labour fixes in the Far East), that we don't immediately rush to jet off to somewhere because it's cheap to do so) and that we all value our environment more.
But having been around for 73 years, I unfortunately retain a measure of cynicism that won't go away. I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong.
A website (in Spanish) from today's newspaper.
https://www.elcomercio.es/sociedad/i....google.com%2F
Old Apr 24th 2020, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The Guardia Civil checked me this morning and apologised for their action.
I am also checked daily by immigration and customs
Hi Fred but did they check you as exercising or to see if you are shopping etc? As far as I understand rules in Spain currently we are not allowed out simply for excercise? Borders etc I know nothing off.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bobd22
Hi Fred but did they check you as exercising or to see if you are shopping etc? As far as I understand rules in Spain currently we are not allowed out simply for excercise? Borders etc I know nothing off.
One of the people I exercise with is a Guardia officer

But carry on worrying, I'm not
Old Apr 24th 2020, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not that I am worrying? Just saying how I understand the rules.
Old Apr 24th 2020, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: First steps after lockdown

Yes, same here, small village in the hills would be easy to stay isolated and walk but.....rules are rules. And the GC are patrolling...

Thank God for the garden and terrace.
Its the same here to police checks and road blocks everywhere.my wife was shopping in lidl and the police were there telling the manager to wipe down trolleys and to keep people apart and told an old couple they were not allowed to be together.

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 24th 2020 at 2:12 pm. Reason: corrected quote
Old Apr 26th 2020, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There could be light glimmering at the end of the tunnel.
https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...2-says-pm.html
Old Apr 26th 2020, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

You have spent lockdown in a tunnel!! (hahaha sorry)

OK yes, this is great news - fingers crossed - feeling victimised with no dog or kid!
Old Apr 26th 2020, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You have spent lockdown in a tunnel!! (hahaha sorry)
Feels like it sometimes 😔 fingers crossed re update.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

“Children are now allowed to leave their homes with an adult once per day. Spaniards will be allowed to leave their homes for short walks and exercise starting on 2 May, having previously only been permitted to go out for essential shopping or to go to work that cannot be done from home.”

Coronavirus lockdowns unlocked: Which countries are easing restrictions
http://news.sky.com/story/coronaviru...tions-11974027
Old Apr 27th 2020, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by breakfasttea
“Children are now allowed to leave their homes with an adult once per day. Spaniards will be allowed to leave their homes for short walks and exercise starting on 2 May, having previously only been permitted to go out for essential shopping or to go to work that cannot be done from home.”
Today between 8:45 and 11:00 am in a journey of 60 km I have seen one child

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.