Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The first gig you went to

The first gig you went to

Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:27 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default The first gig you went to

Mine was OMD, Hammersmith Odeon, June 1984.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:48 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The first gig you went to

George Benson at the NEC in Birmigham and been back to see him since
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

The Who at The Valley (Charlton's ground) 1976.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

leweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the rough

First and only one was Scissor Sisters at the MEN Arena last year (after a very lovely friend bought me tickets as a surprise) x.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:10 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
George Benson at the NEC in Birmigham and been back to see him since
I saw George Benson at the Dolce Vita in Birmingham
I have no idea why!!

And I cant actually be sure of the first gig I went to, as we went nearly every week to concerts in Birmingham in the seventies.. taking a stab at it and looking at the programmes (which I still have!) I would say it was either Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or Queen
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I saw Mud at Barnsley Civic Hall around 1979. I was just a young girl and was utterly appalled when in all the excitement, the girl next to me threw her watch onto the stage

It was a fantastic night though, we thought we were the bees knees and Tiger Feet is still one of my 'Feel Good' songs - Happy days :
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Worst gig I ever went to was a 2-Tone event at The Electric Ballroom in Camden Town. A big group of us went to see The Specials and The Selector and some of my mates were dressed as mods. There were so many skinheads there that fights were breaking out all night and the gig got stopped. We had to fight our way back on the tube to Liverpool Street. It was worse than a Chelsea v Millwall match.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Worst gig I ever went to was a 2-Tone event at The Electric Ballroom in Camden Town.

The worst I ever saw was Kiss, believe it or not. They were cr@p and we walked out half way through .... only time I ever left a concert early
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:13 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Showaddywaddy with my mum - the night before i had my second son - all the loud bangs and flashing lights started my labour off
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:46 am

Steps were my fave in concert, they put on a great show
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:37 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Showaddywaddy with my mum - the night before i had my second son - all the loud bangs and flashing lights started my labour off
I think watching showaddywaddy would be enough to put anyone into labour
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
She got pregnant "Under the moon of love"
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Mine was OMD, Hammersmith Odeon, June 1984.
Mine was OMD as well, newcastle City Hall. I think it was 1981 though.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:59 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
She got pregnant "Under the moon of love"
it was so romantic
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:00 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.