Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Finding someone who's dropped off the radar?

Finding someone who's dropped off the radar?

Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding someone who's dropped off the radar?

I'm sure there have been loads of posts for missing persons, but I've just learned that a dear friend has probably left the area/country and can't yet track her down via google,facebook/etc. Anyone any suggestions? Can BE help or are there better ways?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding someone who's dropped off the radar?

Originally Posted by fionamw
I'm sure there have been loads of posts for missing persons, but I've just learned that a dear friend has probably left the area/country and can't yet track her down via google,facebook/etc. Anyone any suggestions? Can BE help or are there better ways?
Red cross?

do you think they might have returned to the UK?

if so, give it a little while then the phone book

this happens all the time to us expats - we make friends & so do the kids & then they just disappear

every September after the first day back at school the kids come home & tell us that so&so has disappeared - dd2s teacher didn't anunciar a couple of kids yesterday when he did the register apparently - although there were about half a dozen missing

some of course simply won't have bothered to turn up but will on Monday, although some might not be coming back & not have bothered to inform the school

more recently it's been happening more & more
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:31 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually very hard to completely disappear nowadays. We leave a trail every time we append our names to any kind of form that is registered somewhere, from a school register to house purchase, from an online Amazon transaction to signing on the padron, from our passports and driving licences, hire cars, holidays – the list is endless, and social networking sites come near to the top.

And if free searches don't produce results, the ones that you need to pay for dig a lot deeper.

And if one of the hellishly expensive private detective agencies can't find someone, the next logical step would be a search of the death registers.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Well I have to admit not having looked terribly hard thusfar, just the obvious facebook/google/etc & naturally her Spanish mob but I understand there to have been a reason she left her previous home so the person I might have approached isn't really available to enquire from. Sadly it's a fairly common name, too!
Old Sep 11th 2010, 5:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mans-life.html