Reload this Page >

Finding a Cleaner in Granada

Finding a Cleaner in Granada

Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

DurianW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding a Cleaner in Granada

Hi Expats,

Does anyone know a good way to find a reliable cleaner in Spain? I'm looking for a cleaner in a small town called Huetor Tajar in Granada. I tried an agency in the city but they are pretty pricey.

Thanks!
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a Cleaner in Granada

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 12th 2017, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

How much is pricey?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Anything over €10/hr would be pricey.
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Anything over €10/hr would be pricey.
Dont forget the agency needs a cut and then the vehicle + time on the road has to be covered by someone, as do tools/chemicals.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

My figure was for a self employed cleaner, not an agency one. Most of them are found by personal recommendation.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DurianW
Hi Expats,

Does anyone know a good way to find a reliable cleaner in Spain? I'm looking for a cleaner in a small town called Huetor Tajar in Granada. I tried an agency in the city but they are pretty pricey.

Thanks!
Get the word out locally, the older Spanish lady normally LOVES cleaning and a nose around your house as a bonus! This arrangement in my area of Granada is normally 5 euros an hour and you supply the materials.
Put the word out......
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lurchio
Get the word out locally, the older Spanish lady normally LOVES cleaning and a nose around your house as a bonus! This arrangement in my area of Granada is normally 5 euros an hour and you supply the materials.
Put the word out......
You should be ashamed of yourself paying only 5 euros an hour.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
You should be ashamed of yourself paying only 5 euros an hour.
You know what I am going to say, thats what she wanted. In my defence, I do 'top up' and pay an extra hour even if its just 10 minutes at the end.I should imagine the Agency cleaners only get that after the gangmasters 'cut', this is 'cash in hand' and she lives 50 yards away. On the other hand, if you are being serious,bugger off and mind yer business!

Last edited by lurchio; Sep 15th 2017 at 10:32 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2017, 6:43 am

It's worth pointing out that the minimum wage in Spain is about €4/hr.