Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ficha Technica for 10 year old car

Ficha Technica for 10 year old car

Old May 15th 2007, 10:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ficha Technica for 10 year old car

Originally Posted by Nige
excellent to you both. I feel as though it's Problem Solved.
For the sake of experience I will post any follow ups eventually.
Thanks to Mitzyboy and Arco-Iris

Nige, thats Marcelo UNDERSCORE K
Old May 16th 2007, 5:43 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I help people import cars in Chiclana; you can get a new vin (bastador) put onto a car with a special form from the intaventor when he visits the ITV station. We have now had this done twice, 150 euros first time then 120 euros next! However if you need type approval, then you could be in for a very large costs and loadsa hassle. I have been helping a friend import a brand new caravan from Germany. He had to get type approval so HAD to take the caravan to Madrid and pay 1300 euros for the type approval. Thats after paying for various things like a special number plate (get a special form for that - yet another 100 euros). I think the total coast of importing the brand new caravan will be around 3000 euros. Yes three thousand euros.

Dave
Old May 16th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I help people import cars in Chiclana; you can get a new vin (bastador) put onto a car with a special form from the intaventor when he visits the ITV station. We have now had this done twice, 150 euros first time then 120 euros next! However if you need type approval, then you could be in for a very large costs and loadsa hassle. I have been helping a friend import a brand new caravan from Germany. He had to get type approval so HAD to take the caravan to Madrid and pay 1300 euros for the type approval. Thats after paying for various things like a special number plate (get a special form for that - yet another 100 euros). I think the total coast of importing the brand new caravan will be around 3000 euros. Yes three thousand euros.

Dave
A new form ! From the intaventor ! A bastador ! Oh my

My little car is a bog standard JLX. Ones you see on the roads of Spain all the time. I think the Junta de Andalucia even use them. Suzuki even made some under the Santana brand name I believe near Jaen? only thing is that it was made by Suzuki for the Arab market so doesn't have a nice easy to read European build code.
just recently my JLX met a cousin in Spain and here's a picture to show you.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:50 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige

lastly, on your 'ficha technica' does it give the various numbers of the vehicle? Such as chassis and this elusive Type Approval number.
We have imported two vehicles both from The Netherlands. One was a 40 plus year old Austin Westminster. The other a Honda motorbike. The bike was made for the American market. So neither vehicle has type approval.
The ficha technica is a piece of paper that is written by a vehicle Engineer. It gives the following details:
  • Overall length
  • The wheelbase
  • A measurement from the centre of the rear wheel to the rear of the car…the rear overhang?
  • The front overhang
  • The height and something called the Voladizo posterior…something for the back!
The paper also gives details of chassis number, type and model. The country where it is built for (our case The Netherlands). You also have to give details of weights, (loaded and unloaded) there is also a part towing capacities.
On the back there is more information. Like type of transmission, the engine details and even the capacity of the fuel tank… the list seems endless!
Fortunately we have got handbooks which give this, the Austin’s was an old BMC dealers manual.
So when you have you papers written it is best to supply some sort of proof of all of these things, a photo and the original registration documents. It will ease the process.
Old May 16th 2007, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I help people import cars in Chiclana; you can get a new vin (bastador) put onto a car with a special form from the intaventor when he visits the ITV station. Dave
I was worried when I looked in my Spanish dictionary and found that the Spanish for bastard was very similar. But I delved a little deeper and found :
Número de bastidor - chassis number or otherwise known as VIN number which is short for Vehicle Identification Number - this is always 17 digits long on modern cars
Clever me.
Then I looked up Intaventor and I got nowhere
Can you possibly explain how you get a new VIN ? Who provides this VIN number ? Is it the 'intaventor' whoever he/she is or is it someone else?
Old May 16th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
We have imported two vehicles both from The Netherlands...................
Thanks for that. I imagine that like most things in Spain, the ease of completing any task depends on (a) who you ask and (b) the way you ask the question.
It is conceivable that my perito expert who would do a new 'ficha technica' normally without any trouble at all, just found a grey import too difficult. I can imagine that he may have found your Austin Westminster circa just completely and utterly beyond the pale. He may have taken it upon himself to report you to the police for not driving a European standard modern car. Shame on you