Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

sell me........

sell me........

Old May 15th 2007, 10:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default sell me........

your town!!

Ok so we've decided to stay a few more years, not return to the States just yet. We want to stay in Javea till the older dd has finshed her primary education (1 more school year), then move to somewhere more spanish......Javea is getting a bit too english! Does that sound awful? We love Javea but we just didn't come here to live in what is becoming a 'little england'

We love the Valencian community but are open to suggestions..not too far from the sea, but doesn't have to be on the coast. I can't drive (suppose I'll have to learn one day) but that has to be taken into consideration.

The most important thing would have to be good schools - primary & secondary

over to you folks!
Old May 15th 2007, 10:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sell me........

Well I guess you know Oliva ..... but have you ever been to Xativa? I think its got a really good feel to it
Old May 15th 2007, 11:55 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well I guess you know Oliva ..... but have you ever been to Xativa? I think its got a really good feel to it
yep! & we have friends with a place in Xativa......we like Ontinyent too
Old May 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Our town has enough foreigners already. Me included.
Old May 15th 2007, 2:23 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnxa
your town!!

Ok so we've decided to stay a few more years, not return to the States just yet. We want to stay in Javea till the older dd has finshed her primary education (1 more school year), then move to somewhere more spanish......Javea is getting a bit too english! Does that sound awful? We love Javea but we just didn't come here to live in what is becoming a 'little england'

We love the Valencian community but are open to suggestions..not too far from the sea, but doesn't have to be on the coast. I can't drive (suppose I'll have to learn one day) but that has to be taken into consideration.

over to you folks!

I have a house to sell and I can wait one year it means I get to enjoy the fruits of my labour in the garden . Don't know too much about schools but from what I hear from peeps with young uns they seem pretty pleased. We are 6k from the sea, 6k from town and 45 mins from Jerez airport, just over the hour from Seville, one hour from Gib and just a little under 3 hours from Malaga so a good few airports to choose from .

The Chiclana area has taken some knocks on this forum but hopefully it will sort it self out, it really is no worse than any other area in Spain. At the moment within easy walking distance from where I live there are plans for a new police station, fire station, medical centre and commercial centre and another park.

All along Costa de la Luz is worth a look, and bargains are still to be had here, great beaches all the way along the Atlantic coast line . I know I am moving away from here but it really isn't because I dislike it I just prefer somewhere else. The whole of the Cadiz, Seville provence holds much of un-spoilt Spain with traditions still being up held.

If you don't want the house I will not be upset I'll still talk to you
Old May 15th 2007, 2:57 pm

your town!!

over to you folks!

I just remember you're the one with the noisy Brit Kid, maybe not such a good idea then
Old May 15th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

your town!!

over to you folks!
i

Last edited by Miss Naughty; May 15th 2007 at 3:00 pm. Reason: sorry thought uk could count
Old May 15th 2007, 5:28 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by crispygirl
I just remember you're the one with the noisy Brit Kid, maybe not such a good idea then
PMSL!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL!!!
Me too!!
Old May 16th 2007, 6:11 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

I'm afraid we are going up for sale in the next 2 weeks (much as i dont want to) partner and I are going our seperate ways, OH wants to go back to UK and I dont want to stay on my own here. We have a lovely villa 10 mins fm Xativa, 5 mins walk fm the village of Barxeta. Anybody interested???????
Old May 16th 2007, 6:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
I'm afraid we are going up for sale in the next 2 weeks (much as i dont want to) partner and I are going our seperate ways, OH wants to go back to UK and I dont want to stay on my own here. We have a lovely villa 10 mins fm Xativa, 5 mins walk fm the village of Barxeta. Anybody interested???????
Put an advert for it in the classifieds forum of the site, you may be lucky.
Old May 16th 2007, 7:26 am
¿Dónde estoy?

sorry to hear your news.....why do you not want to stay on your own? (if that's not too nosey!)

suppose I ought to mention that we're not wanting to buy?!

which is why I said sell me your town
Old May 16th 2007, 10:43 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

well, I do really love it where i live but am a bit of a scardy cat and would not like to be on my own here, so hopefully will move back to uk and family till i decide what to do next.
Old May 16th 2007, 12:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

well, I do really love it where i live but am a bit of a scardy cat and would not like to be on my own here, so hopefully will move back to uk and family till i decide what to do next.
I know a lady who came out here a couple of years ago with her hubby to be near their daughter..................daughter went back to the UK about a year later - she had been here a looong time!
Hubby suddenly died a few days after the daughter had gone. Everyone expected the lady to return to the UK, but she bravely stayed here. Of course she misses her hubby - but says that they had planned to have a life here & she intended to stay for him....and she's glad that she did!
Old May 16th 2007, 1:18 pm

Hi

Sorry to hear about your situation, are you in a town where you can get about easier, if anything happened to my lovely OH I would have to move from where I am into a town so I could get about on foot and have everything near to hand. I say I would not want to live here without him but I would give living in town a try first of all and then I would go back to UK to be with my daughters if I was too lonely. Much love to you patsywhitehair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.