Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Festival de Musica 2007

Festival de Musica 2007

Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Festival de Musica 2007

Hi,
There must be many different festivals of music taking place at this time of year throughout Spain. What, where and why is your favourite/non-favourite festival of music in Spain?
There is the Festival de Musica 2007 in Ayamonte (Huelva), to which I have not been; however, I noted the performances of Raphael ("blast" (rather a guitar strum) from the past for some of you?) and Carlos Nunez. Has anyone been to see these artists?
Regards,
Carol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:55 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Festival de Musica 2007

It's really coming to the end of the music festival season now. Lorca Rock Festival (June) is my personal favourite.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi hillybilly,
The beauty of google is that I can glimpse at something about which I know nothing!
Re: end of the season. I guess it's back to the slog of everyday life for many!
Carol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I MUST try to go to Benicassim next year
Old Aug 25th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hehehe, you've got me googling again!
My son would recognise the names!
Carol
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
hehehe, you've got me googling again!
I have that effect on people
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Hi,
There must be many different festivals of music taking place at this time of year throughout Spain. What, where and why is your favourite/non-favourite festival of music in Spain?
There is the Festival de Musica 2007 in Ayamonte (Huelva), to which I have not been; however, I noted the performances of Raphael ("blast" (rather a guitar strum) from the past for some of you?) and Carlos Nunez. Has anyone been to see these artists?
Regards,
Carol
Hi Carol

Was there for the week of the Ayamonte music festival - the theatre had a range of performances going on at 10.30 pm every night and people who had no tickets were queuing to get them. We went to the open air music concert on the waste ground up by El Rincon. We were there till gone 1 am and it was still going - four bands but we missed the first two as we were still eating - but the third - La Selve Sur was fantastic - a fusion of reggea, pop folk you name it with a very charismatic band leader. However all the Spanish were there to see the headliners - Kiko who is clearly well known - pop with a flamenco influence we are told - not sure I really noticed it but they were also excellent - got my only mossie of the holiday there!

Over in Veal Real the Sagres Tapas event was on - music every night so sat and drank Sagres and listened one evening. The OH really into all this - has his own band and performs locally - I keep telling him there is another career waiting in Spain/Portugal.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Carol E! Sounds like a lot of fun on both sides of the border.
Here's a bit about Kiko Veneno (thank you Mr Google):
http://www.esflamenco.com/bio/en10232.html
Regards,
Carol
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Liado is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I MUST try to go to Benicassim next year
Good one By the way
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here's a bit of Carlos Nunez for you, and to get those feet tapping...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-WKc3vvPQ
Carol
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Thanks, Carol E! Sounds like a lot of fun on both sides of the border.
Here's a bit about Kiko Veneno (thank you Mr Google):
http://www.esflamenco.com/bio/en10232.html
Regards,
Carol
Thanks Carol. The band we liked La Selva Sur also has a website with free music but it takes some downloading. It is http://www.laselvasur.com/ and I suppose the music is not to everyone's taste - but they were also visually different. Pete came away with a 'Kiko' Tee shirt - flamenco dancers on it etc.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Carol, I'll have a look see.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Barca is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Regards,
Carol
I used to travel with friends who are amazed the contrast of the lazy beach during the day and the crazy nightlife of Bennicassim. Lovely evenings watching bands. I went in 05 and last year. Next year I will be living in Spain so I will definately go again... Oh also Sonar Music/Arts festival in June in Barcalona will soon be next door....I have always wanted to go..I just remembered why I never went:- Glastonbury...I remember the dates coincided very closely...I wish i could go to both now!!!..Anyway there seems to be a thriving festival scene so I look forward to living in Spain soon...hasta luega!