Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ferry port santandare

ferry port santandare

Old Jan 1st 2015, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ferry port santandare

Bob as I said, we could only get standard fares and had to pay for cabins. The cabins alone add about £230 to the price. To UK its inside 2 berth, to Spain outside 4berth, but you have to take what's left. I must say its the most expensive crossing we've had and we've been making 2 return crossings for the last 5 years.

This was the first year without the ferry for us, trust us to adopt a puppy!and then find out we have to be in the UK for five weeks.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure your cabin will be much more comfortable than my recliner lol. Mind they fit the need for me on my own, if I had the wife travelling with me I too would have to have a cabin. I must admit I do find the Pont Aven a nice ship but for the price and my needs the economy was right for me. I don't think it has the same length of season as the normal ferry, but not sure. I must admit I usually book through Saga which usually gets you a small discount about 5% I think. However when I booked this time there was no discount not sure if that is also because using economy or not?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 5:40 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazzabob
is ok dont have a resturant only a cafe no night life only a bar and no cinema apart from that is the same oh they dont have carpet in the rooms just vinyl
Well as long as we can get reasonable refreshments in the café I guess that will do.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

we dont bother with the resturant we take a cool bag and my travel kettle saves a lot while on there and my lap top to watch a film ,as long as its clean and got a bathroom im ok
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ferry port santandare

we dont bother with the resturant we take a cool bag and my travel kettle saves a lot while on there and my lap top to watch a film ,as long as its clean and got a bathroom im ok
Ditto except we just buy one meal say early dinner, depending on sailing times, and take a couple of hours over eating to pass the time.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest i find the food not that clever the last couple of times we have been so i get box sorted i sit out in the seating area with my own bottle of wine as long as its not in there faces its never been a problem i got really drunk the first time we went on there as was with a load of bikers it was that bad i dint know if i was sea sick or hung over not a good day hahahah
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Well as long as we can get reasonable refreshments in the café I guess that will do.
I think the economy ferry still has a self serve restaurant providing main meals and breakfast Facilities on board Etretat - Brittany Ferries

To be honest I find the food on the Pont Aven quite acceptable not overpriced and reasonable portion, certainly considering you are a captive audience for 24 hours and in comparison with other ferry's I have used.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I think the economy ferry still has a self serve restaurant providing main meals and breakfast Facilities on board Etretat - Brittany Ferries

To be honest I find the food on the Pont Aven quite acceptable not overpriced and reasonable portion, certainly considering you are a captive audience for 24 hours and in comparison with other ferry's I have used.
Yes on Pont and Cap we dine ala carte take a while and retire to bed. Since we are club members the breakfast is included except for a couple of pounds so we make a good start and drive halfway down SPAIN then overnight. As they say "there ain't no pockets in shrouds".
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

no you can take it with you we sop half way make it like a mini hol we have a evening somewherr in spain we change were we stop each time
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

can i ask how many trips each year do you need to make the club voyger worth it , i was just reading about now look worth a try .
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 1:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

can i ask how many trips each year do you need to make the club voyger worth it , i was just reading about now look worth a try .
Don't know the current exact figures but it works like this you pay £100 to join and £100 pa so first year costs £200. The savings depend on when you travel and how early you book. If you travel just once a year at peak summer rates and book late then I suppose you could save the cost over two to three years.

If you travel often and book as you can then you might cover your costs in year one then it's easy to make savings in future years.

We had such circumstances a few years ago when we first finished the house now we make one return trip a year but it still pays if we book early and use all the club benefits.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

I received our reservation email yesterday and its quite staggering the markup that has been added.

Inbound to UK
small kennel for dog- £39.50
2 berth cabin -£65
Outbound to Spain
2 berth outside cabin suitable for dog- £178.50
That's £284 in addons on top of the actual fare for the ferry-zounds!

We've since looked at using planes with the pup and see we can do it with Monarch into Manchester, so we will investigate that further as the two return tickets for us came to £337 for the same time period. We just need to find out how much it would be for the puppy.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

thats what i find it the add ons that tot up
Old Jan 17th 2015, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Garryg163 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
I received our reservation email yesterday and its quite staggering the markup that has been added.

Inbound to UK
small kennel for dog- £39.50
2 berth cabin -£65
Outbound to Spain
2 berth outside cabin suitable for dog- £178.50
That's £284 in addons on top of the actual fare for the ferry-zounds!

We've since looked at using planes with the pup and see we can do it with Monarch into Manchester, so we will investigate that further as the two return tickets for us came to £337 for the same time period. We just need to find out how much it would be for the puppy.
We made the call and for small terrier is was £1100.00!!!!!!! OUCH.
Can anyone say what electrics are available on board? Got a 240v travel kettle just wondered if I could use that?
Old Jan 17th 2015, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Garryg163
We made the call and for small terrier is was £1100.00!!!!!!! OUCH.
Can anyone say what electrics are available on board? Got a 240v travel kettle just wondered if I could use that?
We're from Lancashire so our travel kettle goes everywhere with us and the first thing we do when we get in the cabin is put a brew on. We also like a cup of tea in bed when we first wake up. Our is 240 volts AC SO JUST LIKE YOURS it will be fine.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jan 17th 2015 at 4:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.