Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ferry port santandare

ferry port santandare

Old Dec 30th 2014, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute
Default ferry port santandare

just looking at the ferry port santandare , the way in and out has changed is it easer now to get to the motorway as when your on brittiny ferries web page its not very clear ,maybe im overthinking it as like to see where im going first on google maps and thats not up to date thanks
Old Dec 30th 2014, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ferry port santandare

Originally Posted by shazzabob
just looking at the ferry port santandare , the way in and out has changed is it easer now to get to the motorway as when your on brittiny ferries web page its not very clear ,maybe im overthinking it as like to see where im going first on google maps and thats not up to date thanks
Going north the route into the ferry port for departure is straight off the motorway so yes it is very simple. Coming off the boat it is just the reverse of the northbound except the signs are not clear at the motorway junction so you are best to study Google Earth or maps to see exactly which link you take. Remember you have to go over the top of the motorway to take the southbound lane.

One disadvantage of the new system is that you don't seem to be able to take advantage of the passenger terminal on departure. I bought the cheapest litre of Bombay Saphire I've ever had in there!
Old Dec 31st 2014, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

shazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond reputeshazzabob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ferry port santandare

thanks going on google maps its not to clever as its got the 2009 map on it not including the new way out but i know what you mean go over the top and to the right i think
Old Dec 31st 2014, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

thanks going on google maps its not to clever as its got the 2009 map on it not including the new way out but i know what you mean go over the top and to the right i think
That's correct you've got it!
Old Dec 31st 2014, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

im a bit of an anorak i like to know where im going and need to see it , i drove down from bilbao to alicante last year on my motorbike and i new nearly every sign i had to look for and the turnings what they looked like, and did my trip switch after turning so new how many miles to go, but all the hard work paid off got there safe and sound 2 hotels later and only 2 mistakes .
1 was at the port went past turning police man looked at me i spun my hand around to tell him i was going around he just laughed at me and waved me on ,i did have cat ears on my motorbike helmet which seams to soften people and make them smile hoe they upday google maps before i go ahahaha
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

im a bit of an anorak i like to know where im going and need to see it , i drove down from bilbao to alicante last year on my motorbike and i new nearly every sign i had to look for and the turnings what they looked like, and did my trip switch after turning so new how many miles to go, but all the hard work paid off got there safe and sound 2 hotels later and only 2 mistakes .
1 was at the port went past turning police man looked at me i spun my hand around to tell him i was going around he just laughed at me and waved me on ,i did have cat ears on my motorbike helmet which seams to soften people and make them smile hoe they upday google maps before i go ahahaha
I do exactly the same checking maps and earth to get a clear picture in my mind of what I am looking for before I get there. If the Google seems out of date I look at Apple maps to see if they have a better picture, if it is on Google I will sometimes go into streetview to see what the shopfronts or street signs at a junction are!
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I do exactly the same checking maps and earth to get a clear picture in my mind of what I am looking for before I get there.
+1
Old Dec 31st 2014, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

i do the same never seen apple maps just tries to do it and wont let me i havent got any apple products maybe thats why i alway go on street view to see what about. i sat on sunday ind drove down to spain on google maps via street view im a little nuts but it works
Old Jan 1st 2015, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Coming to the port its straight in following the overhead signs, easy, getting out is a little more difficult but Brittany ferries have give away maps showing the routes.

Likewise with Bilbao, the route out has changed 3 times in the last 3 years! First year we ended up in the centre of town. The 2nd year that part of the road just wasn't there, again we ended up in town and among all the roadworks for the tram track installation. Last year I ignored the road signs and went where I thought it should go - result! All of that could be avoided with proper diversion signs of which I saw none.

Looking forward to this year LOL
Old Jan 1st 2015, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

i came out of bilbao last year ok i just like to know where im going before i go, it nice to get all the advice hate going back to bilbao though really think you going round in circles and when you on a motorbike you get a bit flappy trying to change lanes
Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:21 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone used the Brittany Economie ferry into Portsmouth, seemed quite a bit cheaper when I looked at the Brittany page but they do say its basic.
Just wondered how basic ?
Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

is ok dont have a resturant only a cafe no night life only a bar and no cinema apart from that is the same oh they dont have carpet in the rooms just vinyl
Old Jan 1st 2015, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Has anyone used the Brittany Economie ferry into Portsmouth, seemed quite a bit cheaper when I looked at the Brittany page but they do say its basic.
Just wondered how basic ?
Not so sure it's cheaper than Santander because you cannot pay £5 for a reclining seat which you can from Santander. So you have to have a cabin, jacking up the price enormously.
At least that's what it was last year.
As for maps etc, we live 40km from Bilbao & still need to pay attention driving round it. Better to follow signs to airport initially, as it then joins up with the autoroute to Santander.
Google earth/maps? I still prefer to use a good old fadhioned map, find it more reliable.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We have just had to book unexpectedly for march Spain to UK and a return trip UK to Spain in April.
We had to phone them as the website kept saying no berths! After some searching by the operator they came up with a cancellation inward and only 3 dates available back in April. No economy sailings at all, full price only £771

We've had to pay it as we need to be in UK for 5 weeks and don't want to leave our dog in kennels for so long.

Last edited by Bri and Katee; Jan 1st 2015 at 1:26 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2015, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just booked the economy ferry Portsmouth Santander for the summer. As I am travelling on my own I have booked recliner both ways same as I do on the normal ferry? It is £10 each way for recliner same price as normal ferry. I have never been on economy before but as I say on my own so basics will do for me and it has saved quite a few £. Also arrival time is better for onward travel from Santander.

BRI and Katee mine in summer June to Sept I got for £430

Last edited by bobd22; Jan 1st 2015 at 4:42 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.