Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ferry cabin upgrades

ferry cabin upgrades

Old Sep 24th 2006, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default ferry cabin upgrades

Hi all,
We sail out of Portsmouth on Thursday and we've only booked a 3 berth cabin.....basic. We've never been on a ferry before, so does anyone know how we could get an upgrade on our cabin....FOR FREE...I've heard people say they've had free upgrades but how do you get one?
The last time I asked for an upgrade on a flight IO was told it would cost me....so I've been reluctant to ask since
Mary
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: ferry cabin upgrades

Originally Posted by maryg
Hi all,
We sail out of Portsmouth on Thursday and we've only booked a 3 berth cabin.....basic. We've never been on a ferry before, so does anyone know how we could get an upgrade on our cabin....FOR FREE...I've heard people say they've had free upgrades but how do you get one?
The last time I asked for an upgrade on a flight IO was told it would cost me....so I've been reluctant to ask since
Mary
The last time we all went on a ferry was years ago and we needed a larger cabin than the normal because my wife had a broken foot. The extra cost of such a cabin was negligible and super value for money given the comfort and space. To say nothing about the freebie bottle of bubbley I consumed as we left the harbour (it was blowing a gale, so my wife wasn't up to sharing, shame ) The gale also meant we couldn't enjoy the marvellous view, but it is quite spectacular watching the bow descend into a wave, which then comes straight at your window. :scared:

I'd just ask what the cost of a proper cabin is and forget about the loss of dignity involved in pleading for a freebie if the price is reasonable.

On the flight front, it's always worth asking, because it only takes a few seconds, but not worth paying for if you've paid discount prices for a normal fare. If your face fits you might strike lucky, or if you've had to pay nearly full price and upgrade might cost a negligible amount on top. Keep asking and statistically, you might strike lucky.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Default Re: ferry cabin upgrades

Originally Posted by maryg
Hi all,
Mary
Getting free upgrades is usually reserved for frequent flyers or loyalty program members,, P&O have a club, but if I remember you can upgrade to the club lounge for about 10£, Brittany Ferries have a brilliant deal if you join their property owners abroad club, which can save huge amounts off the ferry price, and sometimes have offers and promo's which u can then apply to a cabin upgrade,, The Commodore class cabin is superb, for the money!!