Faro to Esuri

Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

BH-IP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Faro to Esuri

Hi I'm new to posting. My son & partner are having a few days in Esuri towards end of April. For various reasons he does not want to hire a car. Are there any reasonable ways to get to Esuri without a hire car - e.g taxi, public transport? And any ideas of costs?
Thanks for any help
BH-IP
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Faro to Esuri

Originally Posted by BH-IP
Hi I'm new to posting. My son & partner are having a few days in Esuri towards end of April. For various reasons he does not want to hire a car. Are there any reasonable ways to get to Esuri without a hire car - e.g taxi, public transport? And any ideas of costs?
Thanks for any help
BH-IP
Yes is the simple answer. first and most expensive is to walk out of the terminal and get in a taxi upwards of €80.

Second pre-book a taxi/private hire on the phone/internet €50-80.

Third service bus from terminal to Faro bus station €1.60 then service bus Lagos/Seville stops at Faro and Ayamonte bus station probably €30+ but not that frequent say 3-4 trips a day.

Fourth. My favorite and one we did the proving run for in December sevice bus aiport to bus station €1.60 then train from station next door to VRSto €4.60 for silver surfers like us but about €7.00 for those who are young and in love then short walk to ferry cross to Ayamonte €2.00 then bus and walk or Taxi from rank €8.00 to Esuri. This one is a) cheap and works resonably frequent less on Sundays and b) fantastic views across the coastline all the way and c) the most romantic way to enter Spain from Portugal just as the Romans must have done all those years ago. There were others before that but I can't spell Phoenicians so we won't go back that far! Takes a couple of hours all in since like any sensible nation the Portuguese have timed things to interlink.

Last get a friend to pick them up zero cost and 35mins door to door but where is the romance in a thrash along the motorway!

Welcome by the way have fun (your son I mean) John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Apr 8th 2010 at 7:33 am.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:34 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Faro to Esuri

An airport transfer by taxi is about €65 (one way). If you need a taxi for going to Ayamonte from Esuri the rate is €10.

If you change your mind, follow the link below, Rental car for aprx.€ 120 per week.

http://www.esuritours.com/indexIslaC...php?page=coche
Old Apr 8th 2010, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Thank you to John & JUR for quick reply & your spelling of phoenician is perfect...I think.
Sorry to be a pain but I have two problems. Danny would ideally prefer hire car but does not have a credit card - only debit & cash. I can pay for hire on my cr card but companies will only accept if a credit card in his own name is used at pick-up for petrol/possible damages (even tho' it will a no excess policy). His partner is not yet 25 so can't be main driver!
John's options ...... it is a latish flight booked - departs 17:04 from Stansted - so this might create a problem.
Thanks agais
BH-IP
Old Apr 8th 2010, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to John & JUR for quick reply & your spelling of phoenician is perfect...I think.
Sorry to be a pain but I have two problems. Danny would ideally prefer hire car but does not have a credit card - only debit & cash. I can pay for hire on my cr card but companies will only accept if a credit card in his own name is used at pick-up for petrol/possible damages (even tho' it will a no excess policy). His partner is not yet 25 so can't be main driver!
John's options ...... it is a latish flight booked - departs 17:04 from Stansted - so this might create a problem.
Thanks agais
BH-IP
Yes it will the trains still run up to about 10.30 but the ferry is stopped so a taxi from VRSTo but you may just be too late. If you seach previous threads this problem has occured before and there are firms that offer solutions have a dig round the Portugal thread for car hire there was mention of it on there a few months ago and it has been on the Spanish site as well but I think the solutions were for Malaga.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Such romantics!
For a few days holiday wouldn't the couple prefer to get to their destination a.s.a.p., and explore the area in daylight at their leisure?
Further info/options here:
http://www.eyeonislacanelaforum.co.u...opic.php?t=300
Carol
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:13 am
Jur

Thanks agais
BH-IP
Without a credit card it´s very dificult to hire a car nowadays, can you not put your son on as secondary driver?
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Such romantics!
For a few days holiday wouldn't the couple prefer to get to their destination a.s.a.p., and explore the area in daylight at their leisure?
Further info/options here:
http://www.eyeonislacanelaforum.co.u...opic.php?t=300
Carol
Old romantics please!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

The best!
Now, John, stop smelling the roses and move the topic of the Bank Guarantees into it's own thread, please. ¡en seguida!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Carol&John
The best!
Now, John, stop smelling the roses and move the topic of the Bank Guarantees into it's own thread, please. ¡en seguida!
You have seen the new front Garden then Sevilla roses lovely shade of red and quite scented. As an old silver surfer don't know how to shift stuff about on this site but yes a good idea to start a new thread but we would loose a lot of history if we can't consolidate. Last time we did it Fred and Mitzy refused but then one relented Fred I think and spent a weekend sorting it. They will kill me if I ask again.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually, I haven't. Good guess, eh? Reminds me of the roses I saw near Valentine's Day in Huelva. I thought they were artificial as they looked so perfect: 1 metre long stems, heads the size of a fist with tightly curled petals of the deepest red. Anyway, returning the thread to the OP topic...(sorry!)
Old Apr 8th 2010, 12:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Without a credit card it´s very dificult to hire a car nowadays, can you not put your son on as secondary driver?
Most places need the card holder to pick up the car, this is entirely up to the company though, as John says there are some that do not, but these are from Malaga.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Thank you evryone for all the help. Have finally managed to find a Faro car hire that doesn't take a credit card deposit - cheaper too with no excess 'Car Rental Abroad' - obviously not tried them yet tho'
BH-IP
Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:31 pm
Jur

The office from Vostok in Ayamonte takes on renters who do not have a creditcard, they are required to leave a deposit of (I think) € 200 minimum.
Not sure about the age limit, so here´s the website: www.vostokcar.com
Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:35 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
An airport transfer by taxi is about €65 (one way). If you need a taxi for going to Ayamonte from Esuri the rate is €10.

If you change your mind, follow the link below, Rental car for aprx.€ 120 per week.

http://www.esuritours.com/indexIslaC...php?page=coche

Careful|_They charge 50 Euros for crossing the border into Spain !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.