Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

family movein to alicante in sep 09

family movein to alicante in sep 09

Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

irishdell is on a distinguished road
Default family movein to alicante in sep 09

hi all im dell and my family wife 3 kids movein to alicante in sep 09 plz can some1 put me in touch with best site to long term let a property or any body no some1 with 3 bed place to let upto 400 a month plus i am hgv and coach driver is there work there for me . are we better off in alicante town or benidorm to give our selves best chance of work . plus schools for kids when term starts and best schools any tips would be great we have looked all tis up but info very scarce on net tnks everybody any tips at all bout movein wud be great tnks dell ....
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:42 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family movein to alicante in sep 09

Originally Posted by irishdell
hi all im dell and my family wife 3 kids movein to alicante in sep 09 plz can some1 put me in touch with best site to long term let a property or any body no some1 with 3 bed place to let upto 400 a month plus i am hgv and coach driver is there work there for me . are we better off in alicante town or benidorm to give our selves best chance of work . plus schools for kids when term starts and best schools any tips would be great we have looked all tis up but info very scarce on net tnks everybody any tips at all bout movein wud be great tnks dell ....
Alicante province is a huge area - you need to narrow it down

http://www.sol.com/en/alicante-province.htm

don't want to upset your ambitions but I really wouldn't come out here without a job to come to

unemployment here is the highest in Europe & is hard enough for the spanish & those of us who have been here for years & speak spanish

also you might struggle to find something with 3 beds at 400 euros a month

in my town if you want a flat with a pool it's more like 1000, but in others you might get one for about 500+

Last edited by lynnxa; Aug 6th 2009 at 1:45 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

i can see ur point but minds made up and well i no its gona be hard but not impossible. and if i dont try i will regreat it . there must be coach drivers jobs there or lorry jobs .. seein places for 400 on net cheaper inland but all gone as soon as they become avaiable .
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

i can see ur point but minds made up and well i no its gona be hard but not impossible. and if i dont try i will regreat it . there must be coach drivers jobs there or lorry jobs .. seein places for 400 on net cheaper inland but all gone as soon as they become avaiable .
keep on looking where you've been looking then & grab one fast!!!

all the coach companies around here are spanish & employ spanish speakers

whe Iceland opened there were 1000s ( I heard 3000!) of applicants & only about 30 got long term jobs

good luck
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

What about airport transfers or something like that for work but speaking spanish would be essential I think.

we are making our move the end of this month to the inland Alicante area.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by paintermujer
What about airport transfers or something like that for work but speaking spanish would be essential I think.

we are making our move the end of this month to the inland Alicante area.
you're in a completely differnt situation though aren't you, with a 'portable' income

he'd have to get a taxi licence to do airport transfers legally

I think you need to speak spanish to get one - almost certain actually
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you're in a completely differnt situation though aren't you, with a 'portable' income

he'd have to get a taxi licence to do airport transfers legally

I think you need to speak spanish to get one - almost certain actually
Yes we are very lucky to not have an income problem.

But we have been like the OP here. Ideas have to start somewhere and Im a believer in "if you want it badly enough"............
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

are all coach and lorry companies there only employ spanish speakers even if u got english speakin reps on coaches i didnt relise id have to speak spanish to get work as lots of english there workin and half of the spannish peeps speak english..
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:16 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is STAY WHERE YOU ARE at least until the crisis is over.
Listen to the folks that are working here and take note of what they say.
Spain is not a good place to be unemployed in.

JLFS
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:18 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

are all coach and lorry companies there only employ spanish speakers even if u got english speakin reps on coaches i didnt relise id have to speak spanish to get work as lots of english there workin and half of the spannish peeps speak english..
Can someone please tell him how things are here, I have had to much to eat and have not got the energy.

JLFS
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:20 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Yes we are very lucky to not have an income problem.

But we have been like the OP here. Ideas have to start somewhere and Im a believer in "if you want it badly enough"............
but you also know it didn't work out & you went back

do you really think a wish & a is enough to feed a family?

it's all very well saying that - but is it really good advice in the current financial climate?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by me me
Can someone please tell him how things are here, I have had to much to eat and have not got the energy.

JLFS
me too - not repeating myself again

going for a lie down in the aircon before I start work again
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:22 pm
Banned

it's all very well saying that - but is it really good advice in the current financial climate?
Listen to LYNN from Javea, she knows her onions.
Although they could always eat the kids to keep body and sould together.

JLFS
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Probably not
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

there's some very wise advice on this thread.

As far as a place for 400 euros a month, well yes, its possible, but south costa blanca only, or costa del sol.

your best bet are on the expat urbanisations, new houses, that no-one can sell. If you look hard enough, reckon you can find a nice one, especially from the research we did a few months back. try torrevieja. Most certainly not where i would want to live, but, well, horses for courses as they say, depends how bad you want to come over here?

...and the job thing, well, its VERY bad over there, highest unemployment in the EU. Depends again on how adaptable and resourceful you are, but i hope you do eventually sort something out, but be warned work is VERY scarce in Spain just now.

good luck anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.