Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Failure to provide FULL facts & procedures.

Failure to provide FULL facts & procedures.

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

chrispolop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Failure to provide FULL facts & procedures.

In May 2010 whilst living at a different address, I ordered an ADSL and Telephone Line from Europa Network. I had expressly confirmed both verbally and in writing to Europa Network that I did not want any dealings with Telefonica what so ever due to passed experiences. I was assured in writing from Europa Network that once the telephone line had been installed I would have no dealings with telefonica.

In March 2013 I ordered an ADSL and Telephone line from Europa Network. I again stated my express wish of having no dealings with Telefonica.
The Europa Network sales representative failed to fully explain the FULL facts and relevent procedures prior to installation in March 2013 and I have been lumbered with a telefonica line and contiuously billed directly by Telefonica.

I complained in writing to Europa Network immediately and to date I have received nothing but “bully boy” tactics from Europa Network and I have been sent emails demanding monies for cancellation fee,s and they now tell me it is MY responsibility to cancel the line with Telefonica.

Their customer services department is atrocious beyond belief and they certainly have no idea of “customer relations”.

I would advise anyone to avoid Europa Network if you want a care free no hassle ADSL and Telephone system.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failure to provide FULL facts & procedures.

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

I find that odd as I was lead to believe ALL telephone lines in Spain belong to Telefonica ?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 2:46 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
I find that odd as I was lead to believe ALL telephone lines in Spain belong to Telefonica ?
Europa tells you that they hire the Telefonica line and pay your rental to them ...like Sky does with BT in the UK.......Europa Network can now not only offer you the facility of moving your line rental away from Telefonica, but for a one-off line transfer fee of xxxxxx we can reduce your monthly costs to only xxxxx

The benefits of taking out Europa Network’s Line Rental package include:

• One monthly bill (no more Telefonica bills)
• You can keep your existing number
• All support is in English....This can be found on there website... I know because i had dealings with them..

Last edited by tommy.irene; Oct 2nd 2013 at 2:52 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Rented by the individual or a company Telefonica lines are ... Telefonica lines. You can bet your bottom dollar that when trouble appears it will be Telefonica you have to deal with. Cynic that I have become
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:24 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Europa tells you that they hire the Telefonica line and pay your rental to them ...like Sky does with BT in the UK.......Europa Network can now not only offer you the facility of moving your line rental away from Telefonica, but for a one-off line transfer fee of xxxxxx we can reduce your monthly costs to only xxxxx

The benefits of taking out Europa Network’s Line Rental package include:

• One monthly bill (no more Telefonica bills)
• You can keep your existing number
• All support is in English....This can be found on there website... I know because i had dealings with them..
Spain has some of the highest internet/communications costs in all of Europe, yet provides amongst the worst overall service.

Telefonica's lines are are pretty bad as it is, and since both are apparently about as customer friendly as a box of rocks, it seems switching for the sake of switching is a virtual net zero. Kind of like switching from Endesa to Iberdrola. Might make you feel better, but at the end of the day, nothing changes.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:28 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Spain has some of the highest internet/communications costs in all of Europe, yet provides amongst the worst overall service.

Telefonica's lines are are pretty bad as it is, and since both are apparently about as customer friendly as a box of rocks, it seems switching for the sake of switching is a virtual net zero. Kind of like switching from Endesa to Iberdrola. Might make you feel better, but at the end of the day, nothing changes.
One of the reasons that people go to Europa is the free UKTV they get..
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Rented by the individual or a company Telefonica lines are ... Telefonica lines. You can bet your bottom dollar that when trouble appears it will be Telefonica you have to deal with. Cynic that I have become
Cynic ?? Nope, realist !!

a few years ago I had electricity from Scottish & Southern but every time there was a power outage it was never their fault always the generating co - and their telephone no is.........

so far as I am concerned the generating co puts the electricity to the front door, just the bill comes from a third party who somehow makes money from billing a couple of pence cheaper. All they are interested in is bills being paid and their position in the comparison websites like GoCompare.com.

Same applies to Gas and Water utilities. Lets go back to the old days of having a utility that billed us and took responsibility. But nowadays it isn't acceptable to have monopolies - so hows about divvying up Govt responsibilities ?? Perhaps have our police funded by Coviran ??
Old Oct 5th 2013, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK and some years ago there was only BT. Then Baroness Thatcher created the duopoly as in Cable and Wireless. Now licences are as cheap as chips and at last count over 150 had been granted. None of these own the lines BT still the major player but as Vodafone have now bought C & W they now have the links for their mobiles.

Choice yes but confusion no.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 12:37 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
In the UK and some years ago there was only BT. Then Baroness Thatcher created the duopoly as in Cable and Wireless. Now licences are as cheap as chips and at last count over 150 had been granted. None of these own the lines BT still the major player but as Vodafone have now bought C & W they now have the links for their mobiles.

Choice yes but confusion no.
well considering the BT Monopoly came about by kicking C&W out of UK operations, leaving them to do the excellent job of installing all cables around the world, as well as their operations in foreign parts, perhaps in a small way we lucked in.
but this then gave us the BABT testing organisation that took 2-4 years before approving a telephone/device for connection to BT lines. Some just gave up and went bust. Some tried to take BT to court for copying their designs whilst in limbo.

Virgin Media took over the NTL/Bell Cable Media cable networks, the largest in the UK, larger than Hull's system, which used to be much respected.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 2:59 pm
njf
Forum Regular

njf is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that's correct. As far as I am aware, Jazztel have their own lines to many exchanges and connect these to your line from the exchange. Just to say I am not pushing or recommending Jazztel, just answering the point about Telefonica being the supplier of all the backbones.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by njf
I don't think that's correct. As far as I am aware, Jazztel have their own lines to many exchanges and connect these to your line from the exchange. Just to say I am not pushing or recommending Jazztel, just answering the point about Telefonica being the supplier of all the backbones.
the backbone is generally known to be the long haul routes from exchanges, however, most people will not entertain connection if Telefonica hasn't put in the infrastructure from the exchange to manhole outside property.
As in our case, Telefonica couldn't/wouldn't lay the cable, no one wanted our business except Cablejet who put in Wimax - in the middle of an urbanisation of 8-10,000.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrispolop
In May 2010 whilst living at a different address, I ordered an ADSL and Telephone Line from Europa Network. I had expressly confirmed both verbally and in writing to Europa Network that I did not want any dealings with Telefonica what so ever due to passed experiences. I was assured in writing from Europa Network that once the telephone line had been installed I would have no dealings with telefonica.

In March 2013 I ordered an ADSL and Telephone line from Europa Network. I again stated my express wish of having no dealings with Telefonica.
The Europa Network sales representative failed to fully explain the FULL facts and relevent procedures prior to installation in March 2013 and I have been lumbered with a telefonica line and contiuously billed directly by Telefonica.

I complained in writing to Europa Network immediately and to date I have received nothing but “bully boy” tactics from Europa Network and I have been sent emails demanding monies for cancellation fee,s and they now tell me it is MY responsibility to cancel the line with Telefonica.

Their customer services department is atrocious beyond belief and they certainly have no idea of “customer relations”.

I would advise anyone to avoid Europa Network if you want a care free no hassle ADSL and Telephone system.
After a long running dispute since getting involved with Europa Network, I emailed Europa Network on Monday 23rd September 2013 stating that I no longer wanted to continue with the Telephone line and the ADSL.
As per Europa Network Terms and Conditions which requires 15 days notice, they have still failed to cancel the landline and ADSL.
Do they listen to the clients, NO. Do they listen to their customers NO.
Get involved with this bunch of cowboys at your peril.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrispolop
After a long running dispute since getting involved with Europa Network, I emailed Europa Network on Monday 23rd September 2013 stating that I no longer wanted to continue with the Telephone line and the ADSL.
As per Europa Network Terms and Conditions which requires 15 days notice, they have still failed to cancel the landline and ADSL.
Do they listen to the clients, NO. Do they listen to their customers NO.
Get involved with this bunch of cowboys at your peril.
You must have rubbed someone up the wrong way, because as far as I am concerned, both Telefonica and Europa are doing a fantastic job

What did you have against Telefonica in the first place?
Old Oct 11th 2013, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Saxy
You must have rubbed someone up the wrong way, because as far as I am concerned, both Telefonica and Europa are doing a fantastic job

What did you have against Telefonica in the first place?
Thanks for your comments Saxy. Having dealt with Telefonica some years ago, I found their service to be disgraceful and useless.
I have documented emails which will prove that it is not I who has rubbed someone up the wrong way, but the failure of Europa Network to act correctly. If you read their T/C,s you will see the 15 days cancellation notice. I emailed them on Monday 23rd October (18 days ago) stating I wanted the Telephone line and ADSL cancelled. As yet, it is still not cancelled. Would you call this "Customer Service"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.