F1 thread.

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:08 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 thread.

Really doubt that Glock did it deliberately, he was after all running on slicks after all the leaders had changed to intermediates, and he was passed by 3 or 4 drivers, I suspect that had they thought it was collusion then Ferrari would have immediately tabled a complaint, but they didn't. I thought one of the best parts at the end was the pictures of the celebrations in the Ferrari pits after Massa had finished and they though he had won the race and the championship, and the looks on their faces as they slowly realised that Hamilton had achieved he required 5th place was a classic.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
This is all assumption at the moment afaik, unless you can tell me differently. He was on dry tyres at the time, and it was raining. As we saw at previous GP, when you're on the wrong tyres at the wrong time things can go horribly wrong.

If it is the case, then how did you view Massa winning the other week when RK let him through to take the flag and give him a good chance at the title?
In the replay, which I have seen a few times now, he didn't just slow down, he pulled to one side, then slowed down.

I don't deny that what he has done is a real achievement, and its great for British Motor sport, but even he now has come out and said he would like to have won a little more convincingly.

There is a huge amount of money at stake and the Poison Dwarf is always looking for new ways to make his wallet swell with foreign money so I reserve judgement on anything for now. All I know is that if it was on straight wins alone Massa would have won. I know its no secret I am a Ferrari fan but I'm not stupid enough not to recognise that Lewis is a real talent, but so was Alonso, so was Raikonen, and countless others that have fallen by the way.

Sadly for Hamilton he is no longer a "unique" story, no longer the Rookie boy wonder, and I dearly hope that the press don't turn on him as can so often do.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:22 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

If it is the case, then how did you view Massa winning the other week when RK let him through to take the flag and give him a good chance at the title?
I forgot to mention this.

I actually hate all team orders, I have said as much loads of times, whatever team it comes from and even prayed a couple of times that Sutil in the Ferrari engined car, wouldn't do anything dumb.

Sport should be sport, its a winning and losing process and sometimes your on top, sometimes not, but the second you put the quantity of cash thats in F1 then you get the problems we have now.

Not sure where you stand on the subject but if they decide to standardise the whole sport I for one will be switching it off.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
. I thought one of the best parts at the end was the pictures of the celebrations in the Ferrari pits after Massa had finished and they though he had won the race and the championship, and the looks on their faces as they slowly realised that Hamilton had achieved he required 5th place was a classic.
Mike I have NEVER understood this comment, and I have not only seen it written loads since the race but also said!

Its an odd thing to say, and I suspect, nay I know, if it had been the other way around then there would have been uproar, as there were to the prats in the crowd that Boo'd!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that Glock was slowing down all round the final lap, and apparantly control were telling Hamilton on the radio that he would catch him.

I honestly cant see that it was a fix .... As Mike said, if there was any doubt whatsoever Ferrari would have put a complaint straight in. But then again if they had (as I said before) what about Raikkenen moving over for Massa last time.

Championships aren't won always by the number of race wins, but on consistency. Hamilton, over the two seasons has been more consistent. He lost by a point last year and won by a point this year. The championship wasn't won on Sunday ..... it was won over previous races.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I actually hate all team orders, I have said as much loads of times,
Yeah I know, but thats the point .... if it had been team orders then they would have been disqualified. If a driver makes hos own mind up then its OK, and if Glock did inexplicably decide to slow especially for Hamilton and all the others that passed him, then its unlikely to have been team orders.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:31 pm
Straw Man.

I think you'll find that Glock was slowing down all round the final lap, and apparantly control were telling Hamilton on the radio that he would catch him.

I honestly cant see that it was a fix .... As Mike said, if there was any doubt whatsoever Ferrari would have put a complaint straight in. But then again if they had (as I said before) what about Raikkenen moving over for Massa last time.

Championships aren't won always by the number of race wins, but on consistency. Hamilton, over the two seasons has been more consistent. He lost by a point last year and won by a point this year. The championship wasn't won on Sunday ..... it was won over previous races.
Bingo, and thats why I'm not jumping around and shouting foul play, I'm simply pointing out that he slammed the breaks on after pulling over on the second but last turn, and for me its obvious, but it makes no difference, and in all honesty, despite my passion for Ferrari I am glad the twats in Brazil got the chair kicked from under their feet!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:49 pm
Straw Man.

Well it looks like they are setting him up to pull him down again....

They are already saying that he is going to beet Schumie and that he is the Next Mohamed Ali.......

What team did Ali drive for?

Or is this a black thing?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:51 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Bottom line....if all the cars were equal Hamilton would have won by a bigger margin...he is the best naturally gifted driver by a mile.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:54 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by earlswoody

Bottom line....if all the cars were equal Hamilton would have won by a bigger margin...he is the best naturally gifted driver by a mile.
Hmmm............

Interesting...............

Wrong, but interesting.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:06 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hmmm............

Interesting...............

Wrong, but interesting.
Quite......
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I think if the courses were built so that they could overtake then it would take out the procession boredom.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:49 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
I think if the courses were built so that they could overtake then it would take out the procession boredom.
Yeah but the last thing you could call Sundays race is boring
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr

What races have you been watching....you can overtake and this has been one of the best seasons for a long time.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
What races have you been watching....you can overtake and this has been one of the best seasons for a long time.
Oh of course I forgot when the ones in front go in the pit lane. ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.