Reload this Page >

Expats in Valladolid??

Expats in Valladolid??

Old May 29th 2011, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

dougle_2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Expats in Valladolid??

Hi there!

I have been living in Valladolid for 4 years now and I was just wondering if there is anyone here living in Valladolid? Hope everyone is well!!

Byeeeeee
Old May 29th 2011, 7:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats in Valladolid??

Originally Posted by dougle_2k
Hi there!

I have been living in Valladolid for 4 years now and I was just wondering if there is anyone here living in Valladolid? Hope everyone is well!!

Byeeeeee
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

We are sure that you will gain some responses soon from people who live nearby.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old May 30th 2011, 12:59 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I suspect you're a bit "distant" to most expats in Spain, although I'm sure there are one or two dotted around that city. I remember staying a few times in Valladolid (normally just for a night or two) when working in Madrid, as Ryanair had just started flying to that city (but low-cost flights hadn't quite yet arrived in Madrid). There were some great places to eat in and around the city centre, and I found the tapas the best I had encountered in Spain. The local wines have a great reputation too. But the fact it's so far to the coast, and the cold winters, probably means Brits will never check the place out. Do you have a job there, Dougle_2k? I suspect you're either in teaching, or in the car industry. I'm hoping I'm wrong and you actually work in the wine industry - you may become very popular on this board if so!
Old May 30th 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: Expats in Valladolid??

HI! I came back to Valladolid because I was here on Erasmus in 2006 and loved it so much. The ambience, the people, everything. However, since being back I find the place really lonely and the people not that friendly at all. I am a teacher in a private school and I love my job, but sometimes it's nice to not be hanging out with your colleagues all the time. Maybe I should try and get a job in the wine industry......
Old May 30th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

siesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nicesiesta is just really nice

Yeah, being an Erasmus student and having a proper job is completely different. Everybody could tell you that. Lots of Spaniards go abroad to study (I went myself) and had a really good time but then if they decide to stay to work there, etc they find that they don't have parties to go to every night

It's a shame that you find the place boring, I don't know it so I can't tell, but I'm happy to read that there are expats living somewhere that is not the typical costa. Too bad we're so far, there's a nice small group of people here, it'd be good to have you around.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:01 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

HI! I came back to Valladolid because I was here on Erasmus in 2006 and loved it so much. The ambience, the people, everything. However, since being back I find the place really lonely and the people not that friendly at all. I am a teacher in a private school and I love my job, but sometimes it's nice to not be hanging out with your colleagues all the time. Maybe I should try and get a job in the wine industry......
You could always move to Madrid - lots of teaching opportunities there, plus a decent sized expat population if you want to socialize. Alternatively try and set up a social group where you live. There must be other English-speaking teachers in that city - do you ever meet up?
Old May 30th 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi! I thought about that as I fancy doing a PGCE there, but at the moment I'm tied into a house and have many responsibilities that I can't let go just yet. I just hope there is someone on the forum who can help me......must be honest, feel rather a bit lonely.
Old Jul 15th 2011, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

chantalou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!
I am a Canadian who has just moved to Valladolid from Madrid. I don't know a single soul out here! Are there any expat get-togethers here?
:-)
Old Jul 15th 2011, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Expats in Valladolid??

Hi!!

As far as I'm aware there are no get togethers. There are lots of English speakers around teaching etc. but no actual get togethers that I know of. I joined a group on Facebook but nothing came of it. What brought you to Valladolid, oh and WELCOME by the way! :-D
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Hello!!

Well, I'm here for a 4-month teaching contract. How about you?? Have you met any expats here??

We should so plan an expat get together!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:14 am
Just Joined

I'm here teaching too, arrived in September 2007 and never left. I think it's a great idea to organise an expat reunion, but I do wonder where we would find the people! If not it'll just be you and I sampling the Ribera wine!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:23 am
Not Banned (yet)

I'm here teaching too, arrived in September 2007 and never left. I think it's a great idea to organise an expat reunion, but I do wonder where we would find the people! If not it'll just be you and I sampling the Ribera wine!
I know that in Madrid you often find expats congregating in an Irish pub, especially when there's a big sporting event like a FA cup final or a rugby match.

Perhaps you could poke your head around a Irish pub in Valladolid, and see if anyone's left a club leaflet on the wall? List of Irish pubs around Spain in following link

http://www.hispano-irish.es/es/Pubs-23/Espanha
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Thanks all for the info! I actually live above an Irish pub...but I don't think there are any guiris in there:-( But I will check out some of the other ones!

Dougle: Sounds like a great plan! I'm all for wine tasting:-)
Old Jul 18th 2011, 10:27 am
Just Joined

I know that in the seamrog there used to go lots of Irish people and teachers from international house but it's been a while since I was there. Also bar la uni often had English speakers as they play for the local rugby teams, but again its been a while since I was there and the people I knew left. :-( I'm more than willing to give it a try sometime! :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.