Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Expats under attack

Expats under attack

Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default Re: Expats under attack

[QUOTE=GrapeEater;5988309]
These programs do scare people off - the thing is the sensational stuff is always on Peak Time and these program makers would be better covering the 'no-go' areas of the UK where knife/gun/burglary crime is rife... they could make at least a hundred programs very cheaply.

Of course the nice fluffy progs about the sun, sea and sangria are always shown daytime/obscure free-view channels and not 'good-enough' for peak, probably don;t command the advertising revenue....
QUOTE]

you obviously have missed the other programmes in the tonight series..the spain one was one of many of different things in different places / countries

2. channel 4 =8 pm location location and location
2. BBC 2 -place in the sun 8pm
the repeats of these programmes are on sky and weird channels but the newish programmes are on the 4 main channels at prime time..

also my frustration is these programmes seem to have been done in 2000 and 2001 so prices are very low...it gives the impression you can get a 4 bedroom villa for £100.00 - if they are still this price well i certainly havent seen any..
carole
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=madcarole;5988710]
Originally Posted by GrapeEater
These programs do scare people off - the thing is the sensational stuff is always on Peak Time and these program makers would be better covering the 'no-go' areas of the UK where knife/gun/burglary crime is rife... they could make at least a hundred programs very cheaply.

Of course the nice fluffy progs about the sun, sea and sangria are always shown daytime/obscure free-view channels and not 'good-enough' for peak, probably don;t command the advertising revenue....
QUOTE]

you obviously have missed the other programmes in the tonight series..the spain one was one of many of different things in different places / countries

2. channel 4 =8 pm location location and location
2. BBC 2 -place in the sun 8pm
the repeats of these programmes are on sky and weird channels but the newish programmes are on the 4 main channels at prime time..

also my frustration is these programmes seem to have been done in 2000 and 2001 so prices are very low...it gives the impression you can get a 4 bedroom villa for £100.00 - if they are still this price well i certainly havent seen any..carole

Do you mean that you haven't found the place for €88000 with I think Parador Properties?? Do let me know if you find it 'cause I certainly can't
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:55 am
Banned

bokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the roughbokeh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I can't understand the person who said that he had just gone upstairs leaving his house unlocked, and seemed surprised he had been burgled. I would NEVER do that, Spain or the UK, and the only place I've been burgled (touch wood) is in the UK, 3 times within 9 months. House so isolated that the insurance firm said a burglular alarm was'nt needed because it would take the police too long to get there. I eventually got one purely for my own peace of mind, so that I would at least have some awareness before I walked into the house.
Well if you choose live in the Torrevieja area, which has the highest crime rate in Spain (per capita), it's not surprising you feel like that. Where I live I feel very comfortable and have felt any necessity to lock a door in the 7 years I've been here, let alone carry a remote panic alarm.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bokeh
Well if you choose live in the Torrevieja area, which has the highest crime rate in Spain (per capita), it's not surprising you feel like that. Where I live I feel very comfortable and have felt any necessity to lock a door in the 7 years I've been here, let alone carry a remote panic alarm.
can i as where you live as i am looing at areas in spain to move to and any reccs will be added to my list of places to loo at

carole
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madcarole
can i as where you live as i am looing at areas in spain to move to and any reccs will be added to my list of places to loo at

carole
Has someone nicked the 'k' off your keyboard?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
I AM FED UP MY K BUTTON IS NOT WORING AND MY CAPS LOC IS NOW STUC...
CAROLE
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

CAROLE
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ragomuffin
Have to have brain well and truely in gear to read Madcaroles posts at the moment. I think it is a ploy to get new equipment.

Rosemary
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:35 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

CAROLE
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Beginning to think user name is very apt
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:38 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SueG
Beginning to think user name is very apt
I am still rolling round laughing
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

CAROLE
Stop typing with a jam sandwich in your hand then.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:26 pm
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

CAROLE
How did you manage to type that one then.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
How did you manage to type that one then.
Good point, well made
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

also my frustration is these programmes seem to have been done in 2000 and 2001 so prices are very low...it gives the impression you can get a 4 bedroom villa for £100.00 - if they are still this price well i certainly havent seen any..
carole[/QUOTE]

The last lot of a Place in the Sun shown in UK were filmed in 2003/2004. They too give an entirely wrong idea of prices. If only - is our cry when we watch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.