Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Expats in Seville?

Expats in Seville?

Old Apr 9th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

charleysm is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Expats in Seville?

I am 23 and I have just accepted a permanent job in Seville so I am moving there. I have tried to find online forums where I can meet other expats my age but I am struggling to find anyone in Seville. Are there any? I am learning Spanish but I am no where near good enough to converse in Spanish so I am hoping to find some English speakers who might be willing to introduce me to the area, I am feeling a bit nervous about making the move, especially since I am moving on my own and I don't know anyone in Seville. If anyone has any advice it would be great to hear from you.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Amberlita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expats in Seville?

Hi there,

I just moved to Seville, and I was searching online to see if there are any other expats looking for friends. I am not British (I'm American), but if you're interested in connecting with someone to speak English with and explore the region, please let me know. Good luck with your move!

Cheers,
Amber
Old Apr 10th 2011, 6:21 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes there are forum members who live in Seville or the outskirts od Seville. I am sure that if you are moving there to work, you will soon make friends. Try not to worry about the language "barrier"; at your age, living in Spain, you will soon pick up the vocabulary you need.

Just go there to enjoy your life; it is a lovely city full of culture.

Davexf (about an hour and a half away)
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amberlita
Hi there,

I just moved to Seville, and I was searching online to see if there are any other expats looking for friends. I am not British (I'm American), but if you're interested in connecting with someone to speak English with and explore the region, please let me know. Good luck with your move!

Cheers,
Amber
Hi Amber,

Thank you for your message. I would love to connect and explore the region. It is a far less daunting move if I know someone else in the same boat!! I am not actually making the move until the end of July but can we stay in touch until then? How are you finding Seville? Have you had much luck meeting people yet?

Charley
Old Apr 10th 2011, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Yes there are forum members who live in Seville or the outskirts od Seville. I am sure that if you are moving there to work, you will soon make friends. Try not to worry about the language "barrier"; at your age, living in Spain, you will soon pick up the vocabulary you need.

Just go there to enjoy your life; it is a lovely city full of culture.

Davexf (about an hour and a half away)
Thank you Davexf, I hope to pick up the language as quick as possible too . It is good to hear positive things about Sevilla.

Charley
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I live outside Sevilla, it is a lovely city. Do you have accomdation sorted out ? I can send you a website address that might be of use. There are english speakers in and around Sevilla, if you want to chat PM me here. Through your job hopefully you will find more contacts. What outside work interests do you have ?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Hello again ~

Charley, unfortunately I am here only short term and will likely be gone by the end of July...

Capitan's Wench, I'd love to connect a bit to find out more about what you know of Sevilla and environs, and maybe get some ideas for places to visit outside the city. I, too, am a country / mountain girl at heart

Cheers,
Amber

Last edited by Amberlita; Apr 13th 2011 at 12:13 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:24 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again ~

Charley, unfortunately I am here only short term and will likely be gone by the end of July...

Capitan's Wench, I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts on this board yet to be allowed to send PMs, ha! I'd love to connect a bit to find out more about what you know of Sevilla and environs, and maybe get some ideas for places to visit outside the city. I, too, am a country / mountain girl at heart

for both of you, I can be reached at amberlita (at) gmail dot com

Cheers,
Amber
Have you been sent here with your job or moved because you found a job or not need to work? I ask because so many people appear to have problems with finding work. When you say short term is this weeks or months?

Rosemary
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary -

I have a job which I do online / from a distance. I have always wanted to travel a bit, and so I came to Spain and I am just working from a very long distance It's a little tricky because I have to be on Pacific time zone for work during the week, but I'm able to get out in the day and work in the late afternoons / evenings, and my weekends are free. I am staying for 3 months, as long as I can stay without a visa, so I should be heading out at the beginning of July.

Cheers,
Amber
Old Apr 13th 2011, 10:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosemary -

I have a job which I do online / from a distance. I have always wanted to travel a bit, and so I came to Spain and I am just working from a very long distance It's a little tricky because I have to be on Pacific time zone for work during the week, but I'm able to get out in the day and work in the late afternoons / evenings, and my weekends are free. I am staying for 3 months, as long as I can stay without a visa, so I should be heading out at the beginning of July.

Cheers,
Amber
Thanks for replying. I think that a lot of people work online now so this gives more freedom of movement around the world. Good luck with your explorations of the area. You should also now be able to PM Capitans Wench to learn more about the area.

Rosemary
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Hi, I live outside Sevilla, it is a lovely city. Do you have accomdation sorted out ? I can send you a website address that might be of use. There are english speakers in and around Sevilla, if you want to chat PM me here. Through your job hopefully you will find more contacts. What outside work interests do you have ?
I have found a job in one of the local Britih schools so I am moving for the job. I will be there long term (a year or two at least) so I really want to meet lots of people. I cant send private messages either but my email address is

[email protected]

I would really love to hear from anyone living in Seville who might want to chat or have any useful information for me.

Also, if anyone knows any useful websites for finding a rental property it would be great. I really want to live in an 'expat area' to make it easier to meet people.

Thanks for all the useful messages.

Keep them coming!!!

Charley
Old Apr 13th 2011, 11:43 am

It is not advisable to put your e-mail address on a public site so i would suggest you remove it. You should have enough posts now to be able to PM people.

rosemary
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice, I just removed it - but it also appears in your quoted text, would it be possible for you to edit that out, too? Cheers!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:48 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charleysm
I have found a job in one of the local Britih schools so I am moving for the job. I will be there long term (a year or two at least) so I really want to meet lots of people. I cant send private messages either but my email address is

[email protected]

I would really love to hear from anyone living in Seville who might want to chat or have any useful information for me.

Also, if anyone knows any useful websites for finding a rental property it would be great. I really want to live in an 'expat area' to make it easier to meet people.

Keep them coming!!!

Charley
I don´t think that Sevilla has an "expat area" as in a British neighbourhood. But there´s a few Irish pubs where you can meet up with foreigners easily.
If you want to meet American exchange students, pop into Starbucks.

But I would like to add that if you come to Spain, enjoy Spain as much as you can. If you´re going back in 2 years or so, you´ll have all the British you can wish for.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charleysm

[email protected]

Keep them coming!!!

Charley

Our daughter did a 'year abroad' on the Erasmus scheme at the Universidad de Sevilla and rented a flat close by. There are lots of coffee shops and small bars around there and whenever I visited, they seemed to be full of English-speaking students, as was the photocopy shop/internet cafe opposite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.