Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Expats Heating Allowance - Justified?

Expats Heating Allowance - Justified?

Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:25 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats Heating Allowance - Justified?

See you all later ..Irene needs the laptop to watch Emmerdale and corrie..
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:28 pm
Banned

Davidindevon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
cold & wet
That is why you get WFA!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
See you all later ..Irene needs the laptop to watch Emmerdale and corrie..
Goodbye. Nice to make your acquaintance.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:31 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davidindevon
That is why you get WFA!
not here on the right side I don't
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

cold & wet
and thats where I live
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:35 pm
Banned

not here on the right side I don't
Then pay it all back! Or give it to the poor Cypriots.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You spoke a page ago or so about expats abusing the system
Not much different to the UK then, where many people abuse the system ... what was that the other day about a woman getting a boob job on the NHS because she wants to get her boobs noticed

However, the important point is that in my experience I know of hardly anyone who is abusing the system here, although I am sure there ars some

They claim what is due to them and for most that is the heating allowance and their pensions. Some have no financial connection with the UK any more. Many do, in that they have homes there and therefore pay taxes there in one way or another

The fact that you dont like it, doesnt mean it is wrong.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:38 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I went off to walk the dog, prepare, cook and eat dinner and washup and this was on about 35 posts
so i come back to find the DavidinDevon Show still running at about +100

I have seen so many people with year under their belt banned from this forum for far less, where just saying, or intimating NO to a moderator is not acceptable behaviour but still the DavidinDevon Show is still allowed to run.

Enough has been said, all I can do is to make this a Ballantyne Moment, I'm Out.!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
and thats where I live
If you spend all your WFA on food then maybe you should be Fat's Domino!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I went off to walk the dog, prepare, cook and eat dinner and washup and this was on about 35 posts

I have seen so many people with year under their belt banned from this forum for far less, where just saying, or intimating NO to a moderator is not acceptable behaviour but still the DavidinDevon Show is still allowed to run.

Enough has been said, all I can do is to make this a Ballantyne Moment, I'm Out.!
Ere, I thought we were having some fun!!!
It's nice to have vistors innit
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can only speak for myself...but sometimes I allow trolls to stick around for a while. It gives the regulars something to play with.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You spoke a page ago or so about expats abusing the system
Not much different to the UK then, where many people abuse the system ... what was that the other day about a woman getting a boob job on the NHS because she wants to get her boobs noticed

However, the important point is that in my experience I know of hardly anyone who is abusing the system here, although I am sure there ars some

They claim what is due to them and for most that is the heating allowance and their pensions. Some have no financial connection with the UK any more. Many do, in that they have homes there and therefore pay taxes there in one way or another

The fact that you dont like it, doesnt mean it is wrong.
I did stress that a very small minority abuse it and the fact that I know one family who are, and have, brings it even closer to home. It is unfair to blame the lady who had the boob job as it would have been a decision made by the surgeon/s. She asked and they said yes. Not her abusing in my humble opinion. You are absolutely correct in your assertion that abuse is rife over here and of course that also gets right up my nose.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:54 pm
Banned

Before you start on the Ballantynes(pun!) I would like to point out that whilst it may not have been quite your cup of tea it has been extremely enlightening to me in that I have been able to get a great cross section of opinions on a wide field of subjects whilst, hopefully, introducing a thought provoking debate. Obviously you did not approve for which I am sorry.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ere, I thought we were having some fun!!!
It's nice to have vistors innit
It appears that my post is done at least for so I would like to thank both you and Jerseygirl for your patience and tolerance. As I wrote earlier it was never my intention to be a troll merely to express an opinion.

I do hope to come here again and no doubt you, and I, will be bombarded with troll warnings but, like the proverbial bull you mentioned, I too have thick skin!

Best regards
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I live on the south coast of England, I have lived in Spain, it is currently very cold on the south coast of England but it was also very cold during the winter when we lived in Spain ... not far from Benidorm. When we lived in Spain we didn't qualify for the heating allowance but luckily we had a log fire and were able to collect wood and keep warm. One place we lived at (rented) the very small pool was frozen over in the winter, solid ice! We are now back in England and also due to age now qualify for the heating allowance and very welcome it is too. You need to open your eyes, wake up and step out of your cosy little bubble once in a while and see things as they are. It does get cold in Spain and in other EU countries and also not forgetting that homes are mostly tiled in Spain not wall to wall carpeting and central heating. Also and this is a very important part of it all ..... a lot of the British in Spain have paid into the system and made many many years of contributions so that people like you (if you qualify) can get the heating allowance and other benefits which makes England a magnet for those in other countries without these benefits want to live there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.