Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

expat33 (34 now) update

expat33 (34 now) update

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

expat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really nice
Thumbs down expat33 (34 now) update

Felt the need to touch base. I promised I would keep in contact with some of you after you were so kind helping me. But there isn't really anything to tell.

Fortaleza said he was investigating, but haven't heard from him in about two months now and he doesn't reply to emails Not sure if he has gone on to more interesting things or if he is investigating.

It's really confusing here. We keep coming upon one mishap after another. The female solicitor you guys suggested was lovely. She went to Dad's house and took photos but said she couldn't see all the damage that had been reported to us, by many others. She charged us no money and must have spent a lot of time writing us a report. She has the keys to Dad's house. She has not replied to my email of about two months ago. Fortaleza was going to be in touch with her...but as I say he has not spoken or emailed me for some time.

Dad's house is still as far as I can see from the pics, in a sorry state. But the buildings on either side are now being contstructed again, so I guess it will be less open to the elements and structurally more sound. But we still don't know how to get the dodgy and well connected neighbour, who made many threats to my father, to repair the damage that we can clearly see, even in the photos. There are cracks and damp which just weren't there.

The 'solicitor' who originally ripped us off is apparently being investigated by the Spanish Bar...or at least we think so, as I was sent an email and given a contact who would keep up informed and he too does not reply to emails. But the 'solicitor' is not a member of the Spanish bar and is having to answer questions...as I say we have to assume that, but that's what he Spanish Bar told me.

The lady who was employed by our other solicitor and who reported all the damage to us has been given several hundred pounds to send back Dad's things. She has not been heard of since and we have now waited several weeks for Dad's things...in fact, probably the same, two months.:curse: Why can't we find someone we can trust????

The yacht broker has had the keys for the yacht, which we are paying 200 a month to keep at Isla Christina, for two months, having paid the bent solicitor 1000 for them (so another 400 wasted on yard fees), but claims to be too busy to come and see her.

The only good news I have to report is that Finka Steve, has been amazingly helpful and has sent much useful info and kept in regular contact since I met him on here. He is showing a prospective buyer around the yacht tomorrow, an old friend of my Dad's, and I hope to pay him, rather than the broker, the commission. Afterall she has done nothing. Well...he will get the commission, if he sells the yacht. He could not have been more helpful actually.

So...that's it I think. I am not much better off for the weeks of absence from this site...the house is still damaged, the neighbour still got away with it and the crooked fraudster of a fake solicitor is still at large.

BUT I am breaking up from school on Friday and I am getting a holiday in Portugal next week, so will make a visit to Dad's house and see for myself. I just don't know who to believe....

Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:37 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: expat33 (34 now) update

Oh dear, not particulary good news Remember though that time means nothing to people in Spain, the solicitor we used when we pulled out of our house purchase took weeks to get back to us, in fact he only got back to us with information after we had contacted his office. Which makes us wonder if we would ever have heard from him again if we hadn't kept 'pestering' him This is not an easy country to live in if you are used to getting things done efficiently and quickly.

Good that finca Steve has kept in touch on a regular basis. Are you planning to meet him when you are over? I really do hope that your visit helps you and gives you some answers.

Thanks for the update, I have been wondering how things are progressing
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

expat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really niceexpat33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lionda
Oh dear, not particulary good news Remember though that time means nothing to people in Spain, the solicitor we used when we pulled out of our house purchase took weeks to get back to us, in fact he only got back to us with information after we had contacted his office. Which makes us wonder if we would ever have heard from him again if we hadn't kept 'pestering' him This is not an easy country to live in if you are used to getting things done efficiently and quickly.

Good that finca Steve has kept in touch on a regular basis. Are you planning to meet him when you are over? I really do hope that your visit helps you and gives you some answers.

Thanks for the update, I have been wondering how things are progressing
Thanks Lionda!

I know what you mean...but I absolutely hate the feeling that I am pestering people! Not sure if meeting him as he is returning to England around that time. But I should hear from him later re the yacht.

Thanks again for your support.

Liz x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

It is difficult to get anyone to reply to e-mail or phone calls here. Sorry to hear you have been ripped off again, not many you can trust these days
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

:curse:
Originally Posted by jackytoo
It is difficult to get anyone to reply to e-mail or phone calls here. Sorry to hear you have been ripped off again, not many you can trust these days
So it seems.......but we have had such TERRIBLE luck, so many times now!!!! It makes me never want to set foot in Spain! I know that's not fair though, before you all jump on me...but so far we have been seriously let down and ripped off by about 4 people.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by expat33
:curse:
So it seems.......but we have had such TERRIBLE luck, so many times now!!!! It makes me never want to set foot in Spain! I know that's not fair though, before you all jump on me...but so far we have been seriously let down and ripped off by about 4 people.
And actually at least two of those five are BRITISH...so I am not being anti-Spanish! Costa del crime??????
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

And actually at least two of those five are BRITISH...so I am not being anti-Spanish! Costa del crime??????
I don`t think admin will be too happy if this thread goes the same direction of the other one.
They allowed it to continue although it got a bit near the mark at some times causing us problems, and then you just decided you wanted it deleted anyway.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:11 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I don`t think admin will be too happy if this thread goes the same direction of the other one.
They allowed it to continue although it got a bit near the mark at some times causing us problems, and then you just decided you wanted it deleted anyway.
Fairs fair jdr - Liz is only bringing us all up to date as we are all (well most of us) very interested in her situation. I can't begin to imagine how I would feel in the same position. She is holding herself together very well under the circumstances and all she is asking for is a little bit of sympathy and hopefully assistance. It must be difficult for her holding down a job and trying to deal with this horrendous situation!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
How is it different from what other people talk about? I haven't used any names...seriously just letting people know how it's going. If you want to close it that's fine jdr. Was just updating. But really wasn't trying to get anyone into trouble

Last time I found Steve and he's been great...that's all. Only written cos I need to figure out what to do when I come next week...that's what prompted me.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lionda
Fairs fair jdr - Liz is only bringing us all up to date as we are all (well most of us) very interested in her situation. I can't begin to imagine how I would feel in the same position. She is holding herself together very well under the circumstances and all she is asking for is a little bit of sympathy and hopefully assistance. It must be difficult for her holding down a job and trying to deal with this horrendous situation!
Thank you...

Not sure I am looking for sympathy... could do with advice though. Things work so differently over there.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
I wanted it deleted because I thought I had found some solicitors who were going to help me with a proper legal case against Dad's neighbour and so called solicitor. Nothing has materialised...nobody is helping with my case, so I really don't have as much to worry about it.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

any one else got a Fatal attraction flashback?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
any one else got a Fatal attraction flashback?
ohhhhhhhhhhhh bit below the belt. I hardly want a relationship with the man. He offered help. He said he was and would email me. No news since. As you may remember from my previous post...repeatedly let down. Don't enjoy embarrassing myself like this.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhhhhhhhhh bit below the belt. I hardly want a relationship with the man. He offered help. He said he was and would email me. No news since. As you may remember from my previous post...repeatedly let down. Don't enjoy embarrassing myself like this.
But can you see now, with that bloody great red post, why he may be keeping a low profile?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
But can you see now, with that bloody great red post, why he may be keeping a low profile?
NO...I did not put that red post up first. I sent him at least ten emails and pm'd him about three times over two months. What do you think I should do? I am getting really hacked off. It's rude to ignore me. Perhaps you are right about red post though...just pissed off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.